walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bidean nam Bian & Stob Coire Sgreamhach

Bidean nam Bian & Stob Coire Sgreamhach

by Bruadair » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Route description: Bidean nam Bian

Munros included on this walk: Bidean nam Bian, Stob Coire Sgreamhach

Date walked: 22/04/2011

Time taken: 8.5 hours

Distance: 11.3 km

Ascent: 1472m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Bidean nam Bian & Stob Coire Sgreamhach

Postby Milesy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Nice report but that memorial should get removed.
Milesy
Stravaiging

Postby Bruadair » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Milesy wrote:Nice report but that memorial should get removed.

Thanks Milesy............ With regard to memorial, it wasn't my place to remove and it obviously means something to someone. I have read a few reports some condemning memorials and some from supporters for same....this was the first I had come across and thought it touching. Although I doubt it...I understand concerns that summits may become shrines but to be honest would rather see the odd memorial, that the litter that some leave behind.

Regards..............B
Bruadair
Mountaineer

Postby yokehead » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Great report on these fine mountains, well done. 8) Have still to climb SCS having been to BnB then descended into the Lost Valley from the col between BnB and SCNL. Shame, I'll have to go back then! :lol:
yokehead

Munros:73   Corbetts:9
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:118
Wainwrights:23   

Postby Bruadair » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:22 pm

yokehead wrote:Great report on these fine mountains, well done. 8) Have still to climb SCS having been to BnB then descended into the Lost Valley from the col between BnB and SCNL. Shame, I'll have to go back then! :lol:

Thanks Yokehead................whilst I was at Sgreamhach summit there were a couple of parties that asended from SE via Lairig Eilde to do as a single and then walked off along Beinn Fhada to find descent into LV.

Regards....................B
Bruadair
Mountaineer

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland