walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Ime

Ben Ime

Postby IainWhite » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Route description: Beinn Narnain and Beinn Ime

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ime, Beinn Narnain

Date walked: 29/04/2011

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 13 km

Ascent: 1011m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well thanks to the Royal Family for getting me a day off work :lol:. Weather was to be sunny and warn, so headed to the Arrocher Alps to climb up Ben ime and Narnian in that order with my 12 year old daughter Nicole. we got to the carpark at succoth( there is no parking meter it's free) so we headed off up the zig zag path stopping at the Narnian Boulders for something to eat, after a short while at the boulders we headed off up the path untill we reached the the steps at the foot off the cobbler, wee took the path to Ime. the path was boggy in some areas but it was a long slogg up there and unforgiving stopping a few times to take pictures and just get our breath back, once at the sumit the views were something else a few pics and a bite to eat, the wind had really picked at this point so we headed back down the mountain, only for me to slip and end up rolling down the hill, nicole was in stitches as was I :lol:, we got to the path to start Narnian but Nicole was shattered so we left it out :( and headed back to the path which takes us back to the carpark but we had a laugh on the way down. Got back to the car and headed to Arrocher to the Ben Arthour Bothy for a Well deserved Pint :D
DSCF0890.jpg
Ben Lomond from the path
DSCF0894.jpg
Nicole at the boulders
DSCF0893.jpg
The top off the spearhead on Narnian
DSCF0898.jpg
Ben Ime from the Path
DSCF0899.jpg
The rest and be thankfull
DSCF0901.jpg
Nicole on the path to the sumit with the cobbler and Ben Narnian in the backround
DSCF0905.jpg
The Views were getting more spectactular, Ben lomond and Narnian
DSCF0904.jpg
Me with the Cobbler in the backround
DSCF0933.jpg
Cobbler and Narnian
DSCF0924.jpg
View from the sumit
DSCF0917.jpg
Nicole on the Sumit
DSCF0919.jpg
Me on the Sumit
DSCF0915.jpg
View from the top
DSCF0938.jpg
DSCF0937.jpg
DSCF0934.jpg
DSCF0945.jpg
DSCF0946.jpg
Cheers!!!!!!
Attachments
DSCF0915.jpg
Snow still on the mountain
DSCF0907.jpg
DSCF0908.jpg
DSCF0913.jpg
DSCF0895.jpg
The Cobbler from the boulders
IainWhite

Munros:11   Corbetts:1

Re: Ben Ime

Postby monty » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Looks like a fun day out in the sunshine. Excellent. Nice pint too. :D
monty

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland