walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben More Mull

Ben More Mull

Postby seadog » Thu May 05, 2011 3:45 pm

Date walked: 30/04/2011

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 9.87 km

Ascent: 1741m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Went to Mull on Sat on the 7.30 Ferry from Oban and was picked up by some pals and set off for Ben More we were going to go up by A Chioch but as it turned out desided to go up the tourist path and as it turned out it was the right decision as the wind was against us from the start and made the going very hard dont know what it would have been like on the ridge anyway it made it a very hard day for me and took us 4hrs to get to the top and I must say of the many hills I have been on my legs have never been so sore suppose Iam not as fit as I think but at least I made it had our tea, took some photos and headed down got back to the car in less than two hours arriving back at Craignure the Ferry was an hour late still it was a good day I would like to go back to Ben More and go by way of A Chioch ridge we,ll see.
seadog
S4010166.JPG
S4010178.JPG
Back at the car after one of the hardest days on the hill
Attachments
S4010167.JPG
S4010176.JPG
S4010175.JPG
S4010171.JPG
S4010170.JPG
Ben More Mull Summit
S4010169.JPG
S4010168.JPG
S4010167.JPG
A Chioch Ridge
S4010165.JPG
seadog
Munro compleatist

Munros:119   

Re: Ben More Mull

Postby blueyed » Thu May 05, 2011 6:13 pm

hiya, i saw you guys!
we actually arrived at the car park when you were leaving the car. i planned to do ben more on sat morning too but as we arrived and struggled to open the car door (due to this bloody wind) we decided against hillwalking on that day and went to iona instead. we wanted to do the ridge walk and were sure it would be impossible/dangerous with such wind therefore we thought we'll give it a try next morning, on sunday. it was a good decission, as the wind wasnt too bad and we walked up the tourist track and went down via a'chioch. was a great day out :)
blueyed
Hill Bagger

Munros:50   Corbetts:13
Fionas:5   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland