walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

my first munro

my first munro

Postby hazewell » Sun May 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 28/05/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Just joined the Walkhighlands site so as i have only done 1 Munro (last may) i thought i would give u my wee story!!! :D

Dave (pigeon) my other half is a keen hillbagger and is a member so he is always on at me to try and conquer a munro.
Last year at that time i considered myself not to be fit so this was going to be a hard slog.... :?
The weather was fine so we headed off ...trying to feed some cows on the way up..to Pigeons disbelief..hahah :lol:
I did have to stop a few times and ask are we there yet!!! and again....
When we did reach the top i was so chuffed.. my god what a feeling.. and what a view :shock: i really enjoyed it....
Then folks on the way down ...disaster struck...my muscles behind my knees gave way...it was the sorest thing ever..it took forever to get back to the car and god was i was in so much pain!!!
No doubt there will be a few folk endured the same pain at some point!!
So yes i will try and conquer another sometime this year...
Attachments
076.jpg
well looks like ive made it!!! now to get back down..aaaahhhhh
189.jpg
nice views
196.jpg
pigeon....pretending to be knackered
183.jpg
getting there!!!
179.jpg
me at the start
hazewell
Mountaineer

Munros:6   Corbetts:1
Grahams:1   Donalds:1

Re: my first munro

Postby rockhopper » Sun May 08, 2011 5:24 pm

:D well done - that's you started now :clap:

:problem: :think: "pigeon....pretending to be knackered"..........or maybe not pretending ? :shh: :silent: :lol:
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:207
Grahams:63   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:19

Re: my first munro

Postby houdi » Sun May 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Congrats on your initiation to the hills. Ben Lomond, eh? You're one up on me as I haven't bagged it yet. Keep meaning to but never actually get round to it. Good luck on your next one.
houdi
Rambler

Munros:93   Corbetts:1
Grahams:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:74
Wainwrights:48   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland