walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Each for breakfast with a jammy sandwich

Beinn Each for breakfast with a jammy sandwich

Postby Inyergub » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:55 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Each

Date walked: 04/06/2023

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 760m

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I set off early on a beautiful June day with the objective of climbing Beinn Each as a loop and to see if I could bypass this Corbett when tackling Stuc a Chroin when I had a bit more time on my side.

A few reports call out the forest path from the start was mucky with a lot of trees fallen through logging but it must have been cleaned up recently as it was very straight forward.

Once leaving the forest the track opens up into a cracking glen view, which you can go all the way to Lochearnhead if you want a decent millage walk but something a bit easier going than a hill climb.

You soon reach the sign pointing right for Beinn Each and from here it's pretty much straight up, and steep, but via a well worn path. As you climb you can see Ben Ledi behind you with the likes of the Lawers range to the north and the hills around Crainlarich to the west.

sign.jpg

ben ledi.jpg
Ben Ledi

It took me about 1 hour to climb from the sign to the top and was rewarded by stunning views to the north and west, with Stuc a Chroin looking imposing straight in front of me. To the south there was even some cool cloud inversion going on. And my jam sandwich at 9am was just what I needed to keep me going.

glen.jpg
Looking down the glen with the Lawers Range in the background

stuc a 2.jpg
Stuc a Chroin

clouds.jpg
Cloud Inversion

As I came off the corbertt it wasn't long before I reached the point where the path hooks off to the left (just after a cool cragg) which was the path I was looking for as this will be the one I'll be using the next time I come up to do the bigger one (Stuc a).

cool cragg.jpg
Cool Cragg coming off Beinn Each

Heading back off the hill the path isn't as well worn and I can image on a wet day the route could be a bit boggy.

You soon return to the main track that goes down the glen, about 500m further up from the sign for Beinn Each then it was back to the car and home before lunch.
Inyergub
Walker

Munros:10   Corbetts:5
Fionas:10   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:22   
Islands:12

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland