walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Vane & Beinn Ime Inveruglass.

Ben Vane & Beinn Ime Inveruglass.

Postby cjwaugh » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Route description: Ben Vane, from Inveruglas

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ìme, Ben Vane

Date walked: 14/06/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Leaving the car park at Inveruglas follow the Walking the Highlands route until the top of Ben Vane.
DSC00020.JPG

DSC00026.JPG

DSC00028.JPG

From here you head sw down a steep rocky ridge until you reach a stream and waterfall at the foot of Beinn Ime
DSC00029.JPG

Cross the stream keeping to its left and follow up the glen heading nnw for about 300m where another stream coming down of the hill meets the one your following ,then follow this one up sw to the obviouse Bhealach then turn nw for the last 300m to the top of Beinn Ime.
DSC00033.JPG

Heading sse from here you can drop to the Bealach a`Mhaim between Beinn Ime & Beinn Narnia then drop down the corrie into the glen of Allt Coiregrogain keeping the stream to the right go through the woods until you pick up the end of the track you left earlier to ascend Ben Vane and follow this all the way out .There is a monument at the end of the track here which means your in the right place.
DSC00034.JPG

This is a demanding route and a bit of the beaten track but i did it this way because I've already done Beinn Narnian and the Cobbler together twice so wanted to do the last two Arocher alps on the same day (well i found it tough going)having done Ben vorlich on its own a few weeks ago .
Hope you give it a try thoroughly recommended. It doesn't say at the title but Beinn Ime is also a munro in this walk .
cjwaugh

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:9   Donalds:27+0

Re: Ben Vane & Beinn Ime Inveruglass.

Postby Alan S » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:08 pm

nice set of pics cj
i fancy that route this year so thanks for the photos :thumbup:
have you been watching to many films and getting ben narnain mixed up with something else :wink:

Heading sse from here you can drop to the Bealach a`Mhaim between Beinn Ime & Beinn Narnia then drop down the corrie into the glen of Allt Coiregrogain keeping the stream
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby druidsam » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:09 am

i was in englandshire this weekend and couldnt go on this walk with cj.. looks like i missed a good un :(

.............................Sam
druidsam

Munros:87   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:2

Postby Paul Webster » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:22 pm

Good stuff cj, that's a mighty big dip between those two hills, especially with Ben Vane being so steep :)
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby cjwaugh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Tell me about it Paul still got the aching muscles for the trouble.
Sorry Allan ,didn't notice that error but the pictures were taken with my 2 megapixel camera phone as the batteries ran out on the good camera that's why there isn't that many of them :lol:
cjwaugh

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:9   Donalds:27+0

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland