walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Carn na Breabag - a good start

Carn na Breabag - a good start

Postby Dunni » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:05 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Càrn na Breabaig

Date walked: 05/05/2023

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 6 km

Ascent: 600m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

IMG_0545.JPG
This years days in Scotland were spent in May and turned out to be amongst some of the best ever. With my cats and horse sorted and looked after, I flew in from Hamburg to Edinburgh. Got picked up by Susan the next morning. On our way to Ft. Willi to meet long time friend Alex, before we set off in her car to Killian.

Susan and Alex were on their rounds of Corbetts and Fionas, as I was on my Munro-round. My first plan, to walk over from Dornie to Loch Mullardoch was thanks to my friends abandoned.

On a pleasent afternoon we walked in to Iron Lodge. Cows were expecting and the farmers were at alert waiting in the cars.

My dodgy archilles had a word or two to say on the 8 miles to the Lodge. We pitched the tents and enjoyed the sunshine. It was just 6pm, so Alex suggested, we could go up Carn na Breabag.

A quick look at the map. Sure can do. After repacking my small bag we headed up the steep track into the direction of Loch Mullardoch, leaving it at the first turn to scramble steeply to the left into the shoulder of the hill.

As it turned out, it was exactly the hill, were last year, on my unfortunate try to do the Mullardoch hills, I camped on the other side next to a stream.

This evening was just perfect. The walking was hard nonetheless but brightend by the view over the

Hills of Mullardoch, Affric and Kintail. Superb!

This was just the first day and a wonderful sign, what I had to expect over the next 14 days.

After 3 hours we were back at the tents.

Carn na Breabag (678m)

Sorry for the mess with the pics. Im still struggling with posting pics in a trip report :crazy:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96741023@N02/albums/72177720309942135
Attachments
P1120138.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0548.JPG
P1120095.JPG
P1120090.JPG
Dunni
Scrambler

Munros:178   Corbetts:22
Fionas:9   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:5

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland