walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Skye you having a laugh and its MAY ???????? Part 1

Skye you having a laugh and its MAY ???????? Part 1

Postby stomper » Sat May 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Route description: Southern Cuillin and Coire Ghrunnda

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr nan Eag

Date walked: 24/05/2011

Time taken: 11 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

22nd May traveled up to Skye for a 5 day munro bagging, snow bagging, rain bagging, G4s winds Bagging trip hoping to do the ridge over a 5 day period. ( i am very impressed of all the people who decide to do the traverse how they have the nerve and skill to complete the traverse is beggers belief) Based myself at the Sligachan bunkhouse (£20 a night RIPP OFF FOR WHAT IT IS :( :( :( ) Sorry meals not included so bring your own. Monday oooogh sorry no report due to G4s Winds so trip was cancelled. Tues now we're getting somehwere My guide for the week ( Graham Paterson who i fully reccomend to anyone who is thinking of hiring a guide to do Skye First class knowledge on all the routes up and safety ,to use him as his prices are probably the cheapest locally) got us to meet at the bottom of Glen Brittle at the campsite for 08:30. Our first objective was Sgurr nan Eag
070.JPG
Having a break just before the corrie

Just above the small loch the winds and snow made an appearance as you can see by looking at graham standing in a snow blizzard ( May :lol: :lol: :lol: )
076.JPG
Oh the white dots are snowflakes

Just before the ridge Graham got us to leave our rucksacks and do the rest of the mountain without them
074.JPG
Richard having a break

After 30 minuits we reach the first Munro of the day Sgurr nan Eag
083.JPG
Me at the summit
stomper
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:16
Donalds:1
Hewitts:70
Wainwrights:140   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland