walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

creag meagaidh circuit

creag meagaidh circuit

Postby valmar1965 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Route description: Creag Meagaidh circuit

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Liath (Creag Meagaidh), Creag Meagaidh, Stob Poite Coire Àrdair

Date walked: 04/06/2011

Time taken: 6.28 hours

Distance: 26.2 km

Ascent: 1422m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

top of carn liath my walking buddy got camera out for few shots,camera ok, memory card ok, battery for camera ? (still in kitchen in aviemore) :shock: plan B ok we have a phone so at least we can take few snaps of us on the summits? good thinking walking buddy, phone? (left in car in the carpark) :evil: heads went down but we will plod on then the cloud came down (always look on the bright side even if we had camera(sorry battery for the camera) the pictures would be poor)) anyway bagged all 3 & caught some views of some stunning views (walking buddy at this point was muttering "note to self always double check my equipment") anyway going back next week to do it all again (note to self"make sure walking buddy checks his equipment") will post the photos
P.s a great walk corrie ardair crags are amazing
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by valmar1965 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
valmar1965
Munro compleatist

Munros:38   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:1   

Re: creag meagaidh circuit

Postby U059361 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:42 pm

What an excuse to go back, to take the photies :lol:
U059361
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:38
Fionas:20   Donalds:27
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:5
Islands:32

Postby rocket-ron » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:20 pm

at least there close to home for you
rocket-ron
Mountaineer

Munros:222   Corbetts:98
Fionas:22   
Sub 2000:16   

Postby valmar1965 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:24 pm

true but not quite close enough to nip home to get camera battery or plod back down to get phone :)
valmar1965
Munro compleatist

Postby Ray Mackay » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Okay, okay, my fault, :oops: first 3 Munro's without a camera(or battery for camera in this case), thought i was being smart too, i knew i was going out last night so before i went out, i had made my sandwiches and packed my bag, left phone on charge and battery on charge for camera,
This morning in a haze :sick: (bit drunker than i had planned) unplugged phone and picked up my bag and whistled for the dug, being a smart alec thought to myself, thank goodness i got everything ready last night...until the summit of Carn Liath that is...Doh...and its a Canon EOS50D so its a chunky heavy dead weight i was carrying around with me all day.
Only save and grase was the fact that the clouds rolled in and the summit photo's would have been rubbish anyway, but thats no excuse for walking the 3 Munro's again on a better day WITH working camera.

so note to self, no matter how drunk the night before, DOUBLE CHECK your checklist and equipment :crazy:

oh another note to self. reason for charging mobile phone is incase of emergency on the hill :lol:

Next week with your old man in tow Neighbour, i will be sober the night before and will make sure camera fully charged, battery inserted with empty memory card... :D
Ray Mackay
Mountain Walker

Munros:54   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:2   

Postby valmar1965 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:43 pm

its hard enough bagging 3 in a day without carrying a brick (a very expensive brick ) on your back :lol:
valmar1965
Munro compleatist

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland