walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Aonach Eagach "gammys report" / "job done"

Aonach Eagach "gammys report" / "job done"

by gammy leg walker » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Route description: Aonach Eagach

Munros included on this walk: Meall Dearg (Aonach Eagach), Sgòrr nam Fiannaidh (Aonach Eagach)

Date walked: 04/06/2011

Time taken: 6.4 hours

Distance: 7.1 km

Ascent: 1100m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Aonach Eagach "gammys report" / "job done"

Postby Morecambe Monkey » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Just read your report GLW & all i can say is WOW,that is some crazy looking ridge! The photo's give a really good perspective of the exposure & steepness of the ascents/descents. I did Jack's Rake in the Langdale Pikes in the Lakes a couple of months back which was awesome,but the exposure looks a lot more severe on Aonach Eagach so think i'll have to wait until i can drag one or two of my unsuspecting mates up for company!
Morecambe Monkey
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:118
Fionas:43   Donalds:40
Sub 2000:39   Hewitts:143
Wainwrights:214   Islands:28

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland