walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Squeaky bums on the Aonach Eagach

Squeaky bums on the Aonach Eagach

by Alan S » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Route description: Aonach Eagach

Munros included on this walk: Meall Dearg (Aonach Eagach), Sgòrr nam Fiannaidh (Aonach Eagach)

Date walked: 04/06/2011

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 7.6 km

Ascent: 1100m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Squeaky bums on the Aonach Eagach

Postby rockhopper » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:07 pm

alan s wrote:We will be heading up there again soon so that JB can do it and already i cant wait, maybe you could join us if you are up this way :D Cheers all Alan
Another great report Alan - OK I know there are several but each has its own viewpoint :D

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't stayed at home because of the weather forecast last weekend :( If you are going back, would you be happy to have others joining you ? Depending on dates and if I can manage it, I'd be interested (although also rather scared having looked at the photos and not sure whether I'm good enough at scrambling) ?
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby Alan S » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:22 pm

rockhopper wrote:I'm beginning to wish I hadn't stayed at home because of the weather forecast last weekend If you are going back, would you be happy to have others joining you ? Depending on dates and if I can manage it, I'd be interested (although also rather scared having looked at the photos and not sure whether I'm good enough at scrambling) ?

Its a pity you stayed at home, for me the weather was perfect for this one :D
Absoloutley no problem with anybody joining us the more the better :D we can try and get something organised. We could get Stretch to guide us :D
I will not be out now until mid july and JB is keen to get this done soon
I wouldnt worry too much about the scrambling, just take your time and enjoy. like we all did :D and pray for good weather :lol:

I will let you know when we will be thinking of doing this :D

Thanks
Alan
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby rockhopper » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:27 pm

Excellent Alan - thanks. Will look out for this. Family summer holiday may get in the way but here's hoping. :D
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby Scotjamie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Thanks for all the WRs on this one and well done all involved
Great pics that bring back great memories and I hope some of the camera angles do not put people off too much. Even with my vertigo I 'ultimately' enjoyed our own day, slowly and with an experienced friend - most of the fear is in the thoughts before the day.

Really agree with Alan's sentiments
alan s wrote:I wouldnt worry too much about the scrambling, just take your time and enjoy. like we all did and pray for good weather
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby Alan S » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:17 pm

Thanks Scotjamie :D

Scotjamie wrote:I hope some of the camera angles do not put people off too much. Even with my vertigo I 'ultimately' enjoyed our own day, slowly and with an experienced friend - most of the fear is in the thoughts before the day.

Agree that some of the camera angles make some parts look worse than they actually are and i know that some of us were up half the night worrying about this (eh gammy) :lol:
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby gammy leg walker » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 pm

alan s wrote: and i know that some of us were up half the night worrying about this (eh gammy)

Never mind half the night,try most,that would be closer :lol:
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland