walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The Inaccessible Pinnacle and Sgurr Mhic Choinnich

The Inaccessible Pinnacle and Sgurr Mhic Choinnich

by Redrock » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:05 am

Route description: Sgùrr Dearg and the In Pinn

Munros included on this walk: Inaccessible Pinnacle, Sgùrr Mhic Chòinnich

Date walked: 04/06/2011

Time taken: 10.8 hours

Distance: 9.5 km

Ascent: 1186m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: The Inaccessible Pinnacle and Sgurr Mhic Choinnich

Postby Redrock » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:28 pm

monty wrote:Nice report Redrock. Weather looked superb. Nice photos. I hope to get as good a day when I eventually get up there :D

Johnny Corbett wrote:Great stuff, the photos are superb and what a day you got. It's amazing in photo 6 how the Pinn looks unclimbable then 8 & 9 make it look pretty straight forward. Can't wait to do it.

mountain thyme wrote:goodstuff guys.. hope i get a day like that.. when i tackle it!

Thanks Guys. It's definitely best if you get good clear weather - and we were really fortunate that day. I was up Sgurr na Banachdich the day before - hoping to get a preview of the Skye Ridge - and it was clag all the way up from 700 metres! :( I have discovered that I would rather see the drop (and enjoy the view! :D ) than wonder what's down there! :?

It's definitely climbable, Johnny! I was glad to be roped - but it was fine! :D There were climbers that followed us who romped up it in minutes! :shock:

I hope you all get the sunshine and clear skies on your In Pinn days! 8)
Redrock
Munro compleatist

Munros:164   Corbetts:11
Fionas:3   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:8   

Postby mrssanta » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Just read your report and Bod's on the in pin and found it very reassuring. We are going there in May, and the last time we were in Skye (which was xx years ago), the weather was so foul we only got one day on the hills and never even saw them.
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Postby Redrock » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:17 am

mrssanta wrote:Just read your report and Bod's on the in pin and found it very reassuring. We are going there in May, and the last time we were in Skye (which was xx years ago), the weather was so foul we only got one day on the hills and never even saw them.

Hay mrssanta, I hope you get weather like we did - or even better! These are some fine hills - and worth seeing in all their glory! :D Enjoy! 8)
Redrock
Munro compleatist

Postby johnrich » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:13 am

Fantastic report and photos, it looked like the perfect day for it :)
johnrich
Walker

Munros:9   Corbetts:29
Fionas:5   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:85
Wainwrights:69   

Postby ChrisW » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:54 am

Great stuff Redrock, well done on facing your fears and getting up there. Some fantastic pictures of a wonderful day and a memory I'm sure will stay at the forefront of your mind :thumbup: :D
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby Redrock » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Thanks John and Chris! It was a fantastic day - perfect for the climb - and I surprised myself how relaxed I was about the ascent of the In Pin! :D Looking back at the pictures now I find myself wondering if I would do it again. I'm not sure - maybe once is enough! :lol: :lol: Cheers! 8)
Redrock
Munro compleatist

5 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland