walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Chonzie - under appreciated ?

Ben Chonzie - under appreciated ?

Postby craighall » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Date walked: 14/07/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Am I alone in adopting this view ?

Perhaps it's relative proximity to many, makes it the subject of elitist sneers.

However, this very accessibility should be seen as an asset in introducing a great many to Munroing, and of course it's relative isolation makes for speecial views. Let's have some Ben Chonzie fans !

Michael,

Edinburgh.
craighall
Mountaineer

Munros:10   
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:4

Re: Ben Chonzie - under appreciated ?

Postby MG1976 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi Michael,
You're not alone with this view. I did Chonzie with my son last year] and we had a great day out.
The hills are what you make them, that's the way i look at things.

Have your favourites by all mean (I'd be kidding myself if I said that the thought of taking on the Cullin Munros didn't excite me more than a wander up Chonzie or Lomond) but I regard it as a priviliged to be able bodied enough to take myself away from my daily grind, to enjoy some of britains finest outdoor locations.

How many people are unable to get out of the house to enjoy even the lowliest of Sir Hughs fair hills. ???

Appreciate every oppertunity I say.

Martin
MG1976
Mountain Walker

Corbetts:5
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Ben Chonzie - under appreciated ?

Postby craighall » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Your son, judging from the photos, made easier work of Ben Chonzie than me !

Michael.
craighall
Mountaineer

Munros:10   
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:4

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland