walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A day in the mamores

A day in the mamores

Postby sjb101 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:51 am

Munros included on this walk: Binnein Beag, Binnein Mòr, Na Gruagaichean, Sgùrr Èilde Mòr

Date walked: 18/06/2011

Time taken: 9 hours

Distance: 21 km

Ascent: 2020m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Having decided earlier in the week that i wanted to have a go at some of the mamores hills,i set off for kinlochleven on satarday morning still not sure what route id choose.my first idea was to climb Na Gruagaichean first then head for An Gearanach,Stob coire a chairn and Am Bodach.But once on the top of Na Gruagaichean i thought about heading east instead and doing the ring of steall another day.
IMGP0830.JPG
This way?
IMGP0833.JPG
or this way?so i made up my mind and headed for Binnien Mor,i though this was a great wee ridge on route to the summit,great fun clambering over the boulders at the top aswell.Some nice views of ben nevis from here
IMGP0836.JPG
now on to Binnien Beag which looks tiny from up here.
IMGP0841.JPG
Again the route up this hill was really enjoyable and i had a sit down for a bit in the cairn at the top,now onto Sgurr Eilde Mor,i met a group of other walkers on the way and one of the guys was going for his 200th munro on Binnien Beag,well done to you sir,i seen you getting to the top from Sgurr Eilde Mor,the scree slope on this hill looked a bit dodgy from below but once it was reached it was fine,now for the long walk back out to kinlochleven,just time for a couple of pics before the rain starts
IMGP0852.JPG
IMGP0853.JPG
Really good walk this one,cant wait to get back up for some more next week.
sjb101

Munros:117   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland