walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

TRIP REPORT OF THE MONTH - JUNE

TRIP REPORT OF THE MONTH - JUNE

Postby Paul Webster » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Date walked: 04/07/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well, June has gone, quickly followed by Andy Murray's chances at Wimbledon. Doogz managed to find some wet weather in Knoydart but we'll remember June '09 for a bit of a highland heatwave!

There have been a few wet days (see Doogz report from Skye!) but also loads of warm sunshine, and it looks like you have all been making the most of it. There were 104,345 visits to the website and a record 1.54 million pages download by you all, with 67 new trip reports and a huge 354 new members joining (seeing free OS 1:25k mapping could have something to do with it!).

The trip reports included some real stunners - sorry not to mention you all - and its especially bad luck to Strech (Bidean nam Bian), Bigbertie (Lurg Mor), Monty (4 Mamores), Alan Sherry (South Glen Shiel ridge), MacCookie (Southern Cuillin), Kevsbald (Aonach Eagach), Dirk Winter (Beinn a'Bheithir) and Bootsandpaddles (Grey Corries) who all posted reports good enough to take the prize - amongst others!, not to mention Kinley with loads of reports showcasing his stunning photography in the Northwest and Ardnamurchan. But the winner this month is first-time poster AlyBalyBee for the report of her ascent of her first Munro, Lochnagar. It was the bum rock that clinched it (narrowly beating the rare photo of Kiwi's the right way up in Bigbertie's Lurg Mor report).

£40 of TISO vouchers are on their way :D

Photo of the month is this pine marten, taken by Kinley:

Don't forget - keep submitting your reports for the chance to win £40 of Tiso vouchers every month...
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Re: TRIP REPORT OF THE MONTH - JUNE

Postby cjwaugh » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Well done to alybalybee :D
cjwaugh

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:9   Donalds:27+0

Postby Myth » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:52 pm

Well deserved, but again I'd not want to call the shots - so many fine reports, and so MANY great pictures.

Must get a better camera - and one that doesn't chew through the batteries would be good.
Myth

Postby IainG » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Well deserved for an excellent report :D :D :D

Just the way I like them, factual, accurate but also entertaining. The 'Bum Rock' was a cracker 8) :D :D
IainG
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:11
Fionas:7   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:4   

Postby mountain coward » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:35 am

Yeah - the 'bum rock' clenched... sorry clinched it :lol: Well done - said it was a great and enjoyable report!
mountain coward

Postby AlyBalyBee » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Wow, how chuffed am I! :D That's great, thank you very much. I'm glad my sense of madness appealed, rather than you thinking I was just mad. I don't think I'll ever find anything as good as the Bum Rock again though....
AlyBalyBee

Munros:50   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:5   
Islands:7

Postby SCOTRAIL DRIVER » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:30 pm

AlyBalyBee AlyBalyBee . well done , remember tiso's donot sell nail polish :) :) :)
SCOTRAIL DRIVER
Munro compleatist

Munros:102   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland