walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Dollar Glen, Glenquey and Common Edge

Dollar Glen, Glenquey and Common Edge

Postby milly » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:09 am

Date walked: 21/04/2011

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 12 km

Ascent: 250m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

DollarGlen.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Cross the road from the Car Park and follow the footpath along Dollar Burn. The Route passes Castle Campbell on the left, follow the road leading away from the castle and turn left onto the path.
001 looking back to castle campbell.jpg

Path leads along the edge of the trees on hillfoot hill and then following the burn to Glenquey Reservoir.
002 Track to Reservoir.jpg
004 Glimpse of Glenquay reservoir.jpg

Walk along the side of the Reservoir and note the recent Native Planting project.
007 track on black hill.jpg

Walk toward Road and turn onto the zig-zag track through the trees on Auchlinsky Hill - this is a gradual incline eventually opening out onto common edge hill.
009 Common Edge hill with Lomond hills in distance.jpg

Walk south West - there's a gap in the trees on Hillfoot hill. This lead onto a proper track though the forest. Follow this track around a shap bend and just before the hillfoot house quarry, join a small path which leads through the wood towards Dollar Glen. Walk down road towards Car Park.
milly
Mountaineer

Munros:6   Corbetts:2
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:5   

Re: Dollar Glen, Glenquey and Common Edge

Postby snodland » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Hello Milly

The low levellers will enjoy weather like that! Yes I shall try to get them oout to Dollar sometime. I haven't been out in the Ochils much so I shall be pleased to go there.
snodland
Munro compleatist

Munros:89   Corbetts:17
Fionas:14   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:5

Re: Dollar Glen, Glenquey and Common Edge

Postby milly » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:50 pm

To be honest anywhere is good on a day like that.

If you decide to use this, let me know and I'll make sure i'm about to give you the benefit of my vast hillwalking experience ha ha
milly
Mountaineer

Munros:6   Corbetts:2
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:5   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland