walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Lomond shore loop

Lomond shore loop

Postby campbellrc » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:07 pm

Date walked: 08/07/2011

Time taken: 4.22 hours

Distance: 16 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Not a quite walk as your right next to the road, but we use it mainly to get some distance for our WHW in september as we start from our home and that makes it 20km walk for us so though I would add it to my walks even though there no hills just roadside :(. This is all surfaced road walk Starting at Loch Lomond shore carpark and heading toward luss beside the A82 The first bit take you on to the old luss road, heading for Cameron house and Duckbay marina at the bottom of the hill turn and follow the road to the duckbay marina, were there are good views of ben lomond , also there is picnic areas that can be busy on sunny days,once you get toth e end of the duck bay follow the path heading toward the arden roundabout at the Arden continue straight on heading toward Luss toward a road junction for helensburgh 2.6km ( be careful of cyclist creeping up behind you with out warning,) you need to cross over the road and take the road heading for helensburgh this section has no pavment so beware of on coming traffic it is not as busy as the A82 you a re heading for the crosskeys roundabout about 2.5km at crosskey cross over on to the path on the left heading downhill back towards Arden once you reach arden cross over again follow the path back to duckbay and continue back the way you came to lomond shore carpark, I know this might not be classed as hill walking route as I said it the one we use to stretch our legs when were looking for a longer walk closer to home apart from the 3 loch way. to day we headed out with the sun on our backs and heavy clouds in the air and it stayed that way untill we got to Arden on the way back, were the rain started and soon turn in to a thunder shower, lasting about 10/15 min and then dryed up and the sun came out again so if your looking a somewere to stroll without to any trouble apart from the traffic this is good walk to take, suitable for adults and children with care need only on one section the one heading to crosskeys . sorry no pic on the route as camera is broken and am not the best at describing my walk we just enjoy doing them, but I try to describe them the best i can .
Attachments

New_Route(3).gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

campbellrc
Mountaineer

Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland