walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cairngorms Day 1

Cairngorms Day 1

Postby staticmouse45 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:06 am

Munros included on this walk: Bynack More

Date walked: 12/07/2011

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 21.3 km

Ascent: 946m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Had a few days free together and the weather was looking good so packed my bag, food, tent & clothes and off i went into the Cairngorms.

3 days planned. Rothiemurchus campsite was my destination.

After a pleasent drive,check in and tent pitched it was getting on for 2pm & as the sun was coming out I was eagar to get out and about. Clothes on, boots on bag packed and off i went - Bynack More was the order of the day.

Drove along to the car parks near the Reindeer Center and got started. Starts off being a road but eventually turns into to a nice path and before i knew it i was at An Lochan Uaine which was stunning.
IMG_2809.JPG

Soon after the path opened out and I could see across to Ryvoan Bothy in the distance but i swung south and headed for the top :)
IMG_2812.JPG
This Bothy is small and this one is far away

IMG_2813.JPG
First wee view

Path was fairly easy going only getting quite steep towards the summit where just a little time was needed to make sure food holds were good on the gravel.
IMG_2815.JPG
After a little searching around I eventually found the Cairn and sat down to take in the sights.
IMG_2816.JPG
IMG_2818.JPG
Headed down by the same route which did feel quite long on the way out, a good walk in to this munro.

Shower, food, Sleep.....
IMG_2842.JPG
Wherever I Can Lay My Hat.......
Attachments

The Cairngorms Day 1.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

staticmouse45
Munro compleatist

Munros:39   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:1   
Wainwrights:1   

Re: Cairngorms Day 1

Postby rockhopper » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Nice one staticmouse :D also read your Day 2 trip - hoping to get out on these hills at the end of the month when we're up on holiday. 8) Totally agree with you on the Green Loch - it's a lovely setting which I've passed many a time when mountain biking up there
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland