walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Nine Foxy Fannichs.

Nine Foxy Fannichs.

by dooterbang » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Route description: Sgùrr Mòr and the eastern Fannichs

Munros included on this walk: A' Chailleach (Fannichs), An Coileachan, Beinn Liath Mhòr Fannaich, Meall a' Chrasgaidh, Meall Gorm, Sgùrr Breac, Sgùrr Mòr, Sgùrr nan Clach Geala, Sgùrr nan Each

Date walked: 16/07/2011

Time taken: 12.1 hours

Distance: 35 km

Ascent: 3124m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Nine Foxy Fannichs.

Postby ketzster » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun-seems to be the case when you do these long treks :D

Great hills these. Did them in about three lots of three or something but this route definitely needs to be on our agenda. Fantastic effort though, never occurred to me to do all of them in a day. What makes them 'foxy'?
ketzster

Munros:279   Corbetts:16
Fionas:3   

Postby d6unx » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:04 pm

great post guys. looks like a hike and a half. few of us heading up that way in april for a week. see if i cant talk them into doing this walk lol
d6unx
Mountain Walker

Munros:125   Corbetts:2

Postby spiderwebb » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:40 pm

You guys are something else ! Some walk.

I spread these over 4 days with some weeks between. Sgurr Breac and its neighbour ended as just Sgurr Breac due to the full on winter conditions. First time in a long time I recall putting on all my clothes at the start, balaclava and mitts and none of it came off all day.

The walk in to that first one is a bugger in the latter stages isn't it. I did it in the reverse direction and took me 5 hrs to walk out from the Bealach (5 miles !!) heavy snow, to be greeted by a call from the police at the car (Torrandhu Bridge) as wifey was concerned....she loves me ! The date firmly etched in memory 23rd March 2011...best check that now in case I've made an arse of myself :lol:
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby Spade » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Great report and great pictures. I've read a few of your reports and they are great accounts. Liked the bit about the weather as thick as your ex. That really reminds me of some one too !! err, :clap: the weather I mean also !! :lol:
Spade

Munros:80   Corbetts:5

17 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland