walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

47. Carn a Gheoidh

47. Carn a Gheoidh

Postby DJG78 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Munros included on this walk: Càrn a' Ghèoidh

Date walked: 17/07/2011

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 9.4 km

Ascent: 400m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Needed a short and quick Munro to bag on way home from Aberdeen after climbing Tolmount and Tom Bhudie the day before. I was a bit stiff and pushed for time. I'd climbed Carn Aosda and the Cairnwell last year so i was surprised to find id missed this one as it would probably be best to do all 3 togeather with them being so close. Weather was over cast but warm with little to no wind.

Started at Glenshee ski centre which is roughly 600m i think. Walked up to Carn Aosda hut then diectly up ski run to pop up on ridge NNW of the Cairnwell. Followed the pretty clear path along the ridge W to the summit then returned the same way. Passed a little shelter thats not mapped half way along. Only big enough for one person but would do the job if required. Passed a cheery old fella who garbled some broad scottish i didnt understand before passing a couple of smiling old ladies with very long walking poles on the way back.

Munros 011.jpg

Munros 012.jpg

Munros 013.jpg

Munros 015.jpg

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

DJG78
Mountain Walker

Munros:81   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:20   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland