walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Complete Mamore Ridge traverse

Complete Mamore Ridge traverse

by ketzster » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Munros included on this walk: Am Bodach, An Gearanach, Binnein Beag, Binnein Mòr, Mullach nan Coirean, Na Gruagaichean, Sgùrr a' Mhàim, Sgùrr Èilde Mòr, Stob Bàn (Mamores), Stob Coire a' Chàirn

Date walked: 19/07/2011

Time taken: 13 hours

Distance: 40 km

Ascent: 3900m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Complete Mamore Ridge traverse

Postby crymnast » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:47 pm

I have to confess to being Ketzster's dad, but I think this was quite an achievement as well as completely mad.
Now I am planning a long three nighter for myself and Mrs. Crymnast, but I doubt it will be as long as this was.
crymnast
Mountain Walker

Munros:247   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby malky_c » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Nicely done, and a bit of an epic :D . I have a vague notion to try this at some point, although I don't know if I'd make it. The two outliers at the eastern end would seem to be the real sting in the tail. Impressive stuff.
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Postby skuk007 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Epic indeed. :clap: Don't know how you managed to keep going through the tiredness. 10 in one outing has to be a record? :eh:
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Postby Ugm4djj » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Epic walk! Great report!
Ugm4djj
Munro compleatist

Postby ketzster » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:17 pm

malky_c wrote:Nicely done, and a bit of an epic :D . I have a vague notion to try this at some point, although I don't know if I'd make it. The two outliers at the eastern end would seem to be the real sting in the tail. Impressive stuff.

It was something I had always wanted to do. Maybe it was because it was where it all started for me, I don't know! But if you get the opportunity then go for it-it's an amazing day out and looking back now I wish I could be there going through it all again.

The last two make it a harder. I thought about going the other way but then Mullach nan Coirean would be a killer too. You know what it's all like though-you're a lot more experienced than I am! But I would definitely go for it :D
ketzster

Munros:279   Corbetts:16
Fionas:3   

Postby gymman47 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Bloody hell I'm exhausted and that's just from reading of your great achievement ! Well done to both of you and I hope one day I can do the same. Thanks for sharing it with us. :clap: :)
gymman47
Munro compleatist

Munros:17   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:4   

Postby ballarat » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:58 pm

its an excellent report :D
ballarat
Hill Bagger

25 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland