walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Four Days Of Freedom

Four Days Of Freedom

Postby sjb101 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:13 am

Munros included on this walk: A' Chralaig, Bidean nam Bian, Blà Bheinn, Càrn Ghluasaid, Mullach Fraoch-choire, Sàil Chaorainn, Sgùrr nan Conbhairean, Stob Coire Sgreamhach

Date walked: 21/07/2011

Distance: 50 km

Ascent: 4170m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

My plan for this week was to head for kintail with the intention of doing the south shiel ridge,the brothers and whatever else i could manage as long as i was still able to walk :lol: .However arriving in the area on satarday morning in the pouring rain that plan soon changed,stuff walking that ridge in this weather,especialy as it was my birthday.So changed the plan to take in Carn Ghluasaid,Sgurr Nan Conbhairean and Sail Chaorainn instead,which were pretty straight forward,even with no views i thought this was a good walk.
IMGP0935.JPG
This was my only clear photo of the day until i was on my way back to the car where i was joined by Mountain Thyme who id passed earlier in the day.Hopefully tomorow will bring sunshine and i can go for the SSR.
IMGP0965.JPG
Maybe not then,this is me going for A'Chralaig and Mullach Fraoch Choire instead,again no views or pics but a great walk,loved the pinnacles on MFC.By the time id reached the car after this one id decided to move on as kintail seemed to be a bit wet so far.Where to go tho?Skye me thinks,and a good move it turned out to be
IMGP1099.JPG
Blue sky at last,woohoo.Bla Bheinn was next on the list and what a day it was,by far the highlight of the trip.
IMGP1043.JPG
IMGP1047.JPG
Im gutted the view over to the cuillin ridge was blocked by thick cloud but the other views were amazing,what a place.Sadly tho without the aid of a guide my skye trip was at an end and i decided to head back inland,and south for what would be my final day.Bidean nam Bian and Stob Coire Sgreamhach looked a good way to end my mini road trip,this was a good walk to end on,loved the ascent of Stob Coire Nan Lochan and Bidean itself,walked out through the lost valley,which was a great sight,but a bit spooky on your own i thought :shifty:
IMGP1140.JPG
sjb101

Munros:117   

Re: Four Days Of Freedom

Postby skuk007 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Nice way to spend 4 days sjb, well maybe not the first day, you look well p'd off in that second photo. :lol:
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Re: Four Days Of Freedom

Postby mountain thyme » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:23 pm

well done sjb101.. skye looked a good choice in the end. some good pics when the sun came out!! i headed to skye myself and a guide was definitely required.happy birthday again. MT
mountain thyme
Walker

Munros:40   Corbetts:222
Fionas:12   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland