walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Damh

Beinn Damh

Postby bigbertie » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:21 pm

Route description: Beinn Dàmh (or Ben Damph)

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Damh

Date walked: 11/03/2008

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This is an excellent walk, equipped with a pub (and car park) at the bottom. It is essential to do it on a good day because of the superb views in all directions. The waterfall you mention in para 1 is spectacular (or it is in March) - I can't remember the name, but I attach a picture. I did the walk as you describe it, in March 2007, but would like to do it again by the scramble up the ridge which leads diectly to the summit. Has anyone done this? I also attach a view of Beinn Damh from across Loch Torridon.
Attachments
2007 03 24 028 web.jpg
Beinn Damh from across Upper Loch Torridon
2007 03 24 015 web.jpg
Waterfall on approach to Beinn Damh
bigbertie

Re: Beinn Damh

Postby canisp » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:37 am

Good photo of the waterfall, i did Beinn Damh many years ago, and also want to go back, and do the route up the buttress from the northeast. I missed the waterfall as i had a more blinkered approach them days, thinking the summit of a mountain was all that mattered. :? Older and wiser, i now think differently.
canisp

Munros:281   Corbetts:191
Fionas:28   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:195
Wainwrights:213   

Postby Paul Webster » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:43 am

Interesting - I did this walk in March 07 too - and our pictures show the same weather! Wonder if we may have met!
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby bigbertie » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Paul - don't think we met - I was in the area 24th to 26th with my wife - we saw no-one on the hills on any day - if I do meet another hill-walker there is usually a strong rapport! Hopefully meet you sometime though - I am planning several trips to the highlands this year.

edit - actually we did see one person taking the classic photo of Liatach on 25th - not you was it? I took a similar shot which is attched.
Attachments
2007 03 25 008 web.jpg
Liathach ffrom Loch Clair
bigbertie

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland