walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Cruachan & Stob Diamh Tired but Happy

Ben Cruachan & Stob Diamh Tired but Happy

Postby Fairweather Softie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:48 am

Munros included on this walk: Ben Cruachan, Stob Daimh

Date walked: 29/07/2011

Time taken: 8 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Making a bit of habit of this, by this I mean huge gaps between walks.

Its been over a year since I stretched the legs on a hill of any description, have kept myself ticking over in the gym but as has been said on here before hill fit in a whole other matter.

Beautiful morning I had been staying in Oban overnight for work so drive was easy, arrived at the station at 0910 and started up through the station, just followed the route description from this site. Got to the dam and was starting to think "Am I fit enough for this" carried on and went up the left hand less boggy side of stream. Views were amazing, forgot hat again and as said in a previous post baldy men and sun don't agree with each other.

Reached the top and fully intended to go back down same way since it was first hill in such a long time but once you see the ridge walk and the the other top your drawn to it. Started off with tired legs so should have known better, by the time I was at the next top, legs were gone, so nursed them down. When I got back to the dam I would have paid any price to see one of the workers in pick ups to drive me back down to station, as is the norm nobody around so just had to rest and again nurse them down the pathway to station.

All in all a great day but should have known limitations with this being first hill in so long, legs are stiff and heavy this morning but looking forward to trying to get out again next weekend.
Fairweather Softie
Mountaineer

Munros:220   Corbetts:6
Fionas:5   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:6

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland