walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Lucy, Me and the Cairnwell Three

Lucy, Me and the Cairnwell Three

by pollyh33 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Route description: The Cairnwell Munros

Munros included on this walk: Càrn a' Ghèoidh, Càrn Aosda, The Cairnwell

Date walked: 02/08/2011

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 11 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Lucy, Me and the Cairnwell Three

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote:10 out of 10 for getting a youngster onto the hills, so come on how much did it cost you? :D

Cheers JC. No direct bribery but I am paying for the spa day, cocktails etc !!! But hey when do kids stop costing money ???? :lol: :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:48 pm

berling-dk wrote:So nice to do something together with family members. Getting us closer in a "mad" world !
Great to see that Your daughter wanted to do the walk, and in that "wet weather" !
Take care
Jesper

Thankyou so much Jesper. Yes wet weather indeed! Hope your wife is continuing to improve after her terrible ordeal :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby Del246 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Every time I start to close the gap you pull away again ( Munros ! ) ! Good effort and well done !!
Del246
Munro compleatist

Munros:105   Corbetts:15
Fionas:2   Donalds:1

Postby RicKamila » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:45 pm

What a great report. Also, what a difference a day makes. We were there the day before, at exactly the same time as you were, and you couldn't even see the Ski Centre from the road. We waited for an hour but gave up when the fog got worse. Headed to Loch Callater instead. Hoping to head back in the next couple of weeks. Looks like you had a nice time despite the weather.
RicKamila
Mountaineer

Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:16   

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Del246 wrote:Every time I start to close the gap you pull away again ( Munros ! ) ! Good effort and well done !!

Thanks Derek. Aye you'll need to get your boots on!!! :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:06 pm

RicKamila wrote:What a great report. Also, what a difference a day makes. We were there the day before, at exactly the same time as you were, and you couldn't even see the Ski Centre from the road. We waited for an hour but gave up when the fog got worse. Headed to Loch Callater instead. Hoping to head back in the next couple of weeks. Looks like you had a nice time despite the weather.

Cheers RK. You did the right thing by trying something else. It can be quite disturbing when you can't see any features to help you orientate. I did panic a wee bit when the visibility was poor but Lucy was great checking everything on the map with me. And yes we did have a great time :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby Valerie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Well done Polly and Lucy, looks like you had a special time together despite the weather :D :D :D I've got a 21 year old daughter and there is no way I'd get her on the hills! I keep saying that if I ever complete all the Munros I'll be hoping she comes up the last one with me :? that will be quite a few years from now so got plenty of time to work on her :D Hopefully the next time you head out Lucy will get plenty of sun and some nice views 8)
Valerie
Munro compleatist

Munros:71   Corbetts:59
Fionas:34   Donalds:21
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:92
Wainwrights:191   Islands:16

Postby pollyh33 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Valerie wrote:Well done Polly and Lucy, looks like you had a special time together despite the weather :D :D :D I've got a 21 year old daughter and there is no way I'd get her on the hills! I keep saying that if I ever complete all the Munros I'll be hoping she comes up the last one with me :? that will be quite a few years from now so got plenty of time to work on her :D Hopefully the next time you head out Lucy will get plenty of sun and some nice views 8)

Thanks Valerie,

That would be fantastic if she did join you on your 283rd!!! One of the reasons I think Lucy came with me was for the toning effects on the hips and rear end!!! She has a couple of catwalk shows coming up and she wants to be in top shape. Its as good a reason as any!!!! :lol:

PS are you Mrs Bod? Are you still going up to Kintail?
pollyh33
Walker

Postby Valerie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Yes Polly I'm Mrs 'Bod' lol! We're definitely on for Kintail and really looking forward to meeting you all. Should be a good fun weekend :D :D :D
pollyh33 wrote:
Valerie wrote:Well done Polly and Lucy, looks like you had a special time together despite the weather :D :D :D I've got a 21 year old daughter and there is no way I'd get her on the hills! I keep saying that if I ever complete all the Munros I'll be hoping she comes up the last one with me :? that will be quite a few years from now so got plenty of time to work on her :D Hopefully the next time you head out Lucy will get plenty of sun and some nice views 8)

Thanks Valerie,

That would be fantastic if she did join you on your 283rd!!! One of the reasons I think Lucy came with me was for the toning effects on the hips and rear end!!! She has a couple of catwalk shows coming up and she wants to be in top shape. Its as good a reason as any!!!! :lol:

PS are you Mrs Bod? Are you still going up to Kintail?
Valerie
Munro compleatist

Munros:71   Corbetts:59
Fionas:34   Donalds:21
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:92
Wainwrights:191   Islands:16

Postby lomondwalkers » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:46 pm

Good stuff getting Lucy introduced to the hills. I hope I can get my Sophie up them when she is that age!! Shes only 8 just now, so plenty of time to convince her :lol: Conic hill is as far as she's gone, and even that was a moan :? Maybe we should have a kids corner on WH to encorage them :lol:
lomondwalkers
Mountain Walker

Munros:143   Corbetts:57
Fionas:57   Donalds:73
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Postby pollyh33 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:15 pm

lomondwalkers wrote:Good stuff getting Lucy introduced to the hills. I hope I can get my Sophie up them when she is that age!! Shes only 8 just now, so plenty of time to convince her :lol: Conic hill is as far as she's gone, and even that was a moan :? Maybe we should have a kids corner on WH to encorage them :lol:

Thanks LW,

Believe it or not these hills are easier than Conic hill, especially if you stick to the regular route- honest! :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby orion » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Your posts are always entertaining Polly. Have you ever considered writing a book ?

Somebody else has :D
Attachments
polly.jpg
orion

Postby pollyh33 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:18 pm

orion wrote:Your posts are always entertaining Polly. Have you ever considered writing a book ?

Somebody else has :D

Oh lordy, don't tell I've driven some poor soul to drink!!!!! :lol:

Going to have a read at that book!!!

Slainte !
pollyh33
Walker

Postby LeithySuburbs » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:19 am

pollyh33 wrote:the fine fellow that is Leithy Suburbs suggested the Cairnwell Three

a sentence that may never be used again... :lol:

Dougie
LeithySuburbs
Ambler

Munros:259   Corbetts:56
Fionas:29   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:41   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:23   Islands:13

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:02 am

LeithySuburbs wrote:
pollyh33 wrote:the fine fellow that is Leithy Suburbs suggested the Cairnwell Three

a sentence that may never be used again... :lol:

Dougie

:lol: :) :(
pollyh33
Walker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland