walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben More and Stob Binnein

Ben More and Stob Binnein

by Frogwell » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm

Route description: Ben More and Stob Binnein

Munros included on this walk: Ben More, Stob Binnein

Date walked: 08/08/2011

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 12 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Ben More and Stob Binnein

Postby Oldman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Nice report Frogwell and excellent pics. Personally I prefer the slow approach to hillwalking - at my age I've no choice really. I suppose maturity has taught me to take my time to savour the challenge, the ambience and sheer beauty of our Scottish hills. That's my view, others have different views - and none of us are wrong - that's part of the beauty of it all. By the way I did Ben More (the Beast) the other day - report to follow soon. Safe walking y'all.
Oldman
Oldman
Bird-watcher

Re: Ben More and Stob Binnein

Postby Frogwell » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:27 pm

Thanks for the comments Oldman :)

Truth be told you and I actually share the same approach to hillwalking, which is why I was so surprised when I completed Ben More so quickly. I normally stop often to look around and take copious quantities of photos - that way at least I have a fighting chance of getting some semi decent ones.

Plus of course if I hurry on the hills it just means I get back to the misery of my daily grind that bit quicker. That's as good an excuse to walk slowly as any I can think of anyway.

I look forward to your Ben More report - I was reading one of your other reports this morning; great pics and I liked the video of your daughter playing the penny whistle. I'd actually considered taking a penny whistle on my overnighters to give myself something to do of a winter evening in the tent. I figure if I'm going to try and learn something like that it's best done as far from civilisation as possible :)
Frogwell
Hill Bagger

Munros:263   Corbetts:49
Grahams:8   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland