walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Hokey Cokey on the Five Sisters

Hokey Cokey on the Five Sisters

by dogplodder » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:52 pm

Route description: Five Sisters of Kintail

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr Fhuaran, Sgùrr na Càrnach, Sgùrr na Ciste Duibhe

Date walked: 25/08/2011

Time taken: 10 hours

Distance: 15 km

Ascent: 1385m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Hokey Cokey on the Five Sisters

Postby dogplodder » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:17 pm

kath098 wrote: I have longed to do this walk since as a teenager I was deemed insufficiently fit to tackle this one and was made to do a rather dull low level walk instead!

But you did Beinn Eighe as a teenager! I'd have thought that was just as challenging (if not more so) than the Five Sisters? Not that I've done Beinn Eighe yet but someone on here will know. Anyway there's no one to stop you doing it now! 8)
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

9 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland