walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bynack More

Bynack More

Postby kath098 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Route description: Bynack More from Glenmore

Munros included on this walk: Bynack More

Date walked: 03/09/2011

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 19 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was a first Munro for daughter Susannah and dog Charlie, and my first since starting to count (most of mine were done three decades or more ago and I'm uncertain now which they were). It was a fine day on the way up and our late start meant having the hill to ourselves, or so it seemed. The path has received a lot of work since last doing this walk and the going was much easier than I remembered.

Near the top we met quite a few parties coming down but we had the summit and the splendid views it offered to ourselves. Charlie proved himself an excellent scrambler going up but quite a wimp going down the rocky ridge from the top.

Thick cloud and heavy rain decended as we walked back across the plateau to join the path back to Glenmore but lasted only an hour and did little to dampen our spirits. We arrived back at Glenmore Lodge in early evening a little under six hours from starting out. Susannah and Charlie both had sore feet, but I think Charlie's tail must have ached even more than his paws after so much wagging.

My only regret was that we had no camera to record our little adventure.
kath098
Mountaineer

Munros:36   Corbetts:4

Re: Bynack More

Postby dogplodder » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:45 pm

Glad to see you got out on Saturday and that Charlie did so well! :D Climbed Beinn Ime yesterday with Pete and the dogs. Will put report on when we get back.
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:26   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland