walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Finishing off The Mamores with The Ring of Steall

Finishing off The Mamores with The Ring of Steall

by Johnny Corbett » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:38 am

Route description: The Ring of Steall, Mamores

Munros included on this walk: Am Bodach, An Gearanach, Sgùrr a' Mhàim, Stob Coire a' Chàirn

Date walked: 28/08/2011

Time taken: 7.3 hours

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Finishing off The Mamores with The Ring of Steall

Postby Graeme D » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote:Thanks Graeme, you should be able to take your dog as well, i don't foresee any problems for her except getting over the wire bridge :D

Somehow I think Lucy would manage across, and she'd be on the other side way before me! :D
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby kevsbald » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Have this to do (done Sgurr a Mhaim) - might try it this weekend depending on weather but I really fancy a cold Winter's day with blue skies and sna....
kevsbald
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:134
Fionas:82   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:29   

Postby soulminer » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:35 pm

What a way to finish off The Mamores 8) Another walk on the list- ever growing list I may add :) Since compleating I want to do so much, but hampered by Wife , time and cost :lol: will do it in my own fair time though.
Cheers for reminding me I haven't bothered my 'sure you know' to put it top of the list :lol: :lol:
soulminer

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland