walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Achaladair. Beinn a Chreachain.

Beinn Achaladair. Beinn a Chreachain.

Postby webby2166 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Route description: Beinn Achaladair and Beinn a'Chreachain

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Chreachain, Beinn Achaladair

Date walked: 05/09/2011

Time taken: 6.3 hours

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

GEDC0884.JPG
Looking down Coire Achaladair.
GEDC0891.JPG
GEDC0896.JPG
Loch Lyon
GEDC0900.JPG
Meall Buidhe.
GEDC0908.JPG
GEDC0910.JPG
Beinn Achaladair on the left, and Meall Buidhe.
GEDC0917.JPG
Beinn a Chreachain
GEDC0915.JPG
Some deer
GEDC0920.JPG
GEDC0921.JPG
on top of Beinn a Chreachain
GEDC0921.JPG
on top of Beinn a Chreachain
GEDC0925.JPG
Lochan a' Chreachain
GEDC0930.JPG
Meall Buidhe, from the north.
Started walking at 08.00 hrs from Achallader and walked up Allt Coire Achaladair burn,a bit marshy so remember to wear your gaiters, at the saddle turn left and that's you on the Beinn Achaladair ridge, (time taken about 1hr 20min) the cloud formed soon after and stayed till after the summit of Beinn Achaladair :( . On my way down to Meall Buidhe the cloud lifted :D the views were magnificent,then walked along the open grassland disturbing some stags and up to Beinn a Chreachain. After a late lunch i wound my way down to Lochan a' Chreachan had to put my gaiters back on again as i followed the Allt Coire an Lochain burn back down to two large styles and took the left one, the path through the wood was so boggy and overgrown that i had to walk the railway line back to Achallader.
Attachments
GEDC0924.JPG

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

webby2166
Mountain Walker

Munros:109   Corbetts:8
Fionas:12   Donalds:54
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:14   

Re: Beinn Achaladair. Beinn a Chreachain.

Postby joenorris » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Cracking report - it's a nice walk this one (although I have to agree with you about the bog in Coire Achaladair!). On the return to Achallader there is shiny new bridge across Water of Tulla and a big track all the way back along the glen. I'm sure it's not quite as interesting a route as yours though.
joenorris

Munros:232   Corbetts:79
Fionas:10   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:50
Wainwrights:40   

Re: Beinn Achaladair. Beinn a Chreachain.

Postby RadMan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:00 am

Looks like you got a nice day for that walk. Some really good photos there, ive yet to do these hills but it looks like an enjoyable walk. :thumbup:
RadMan
Munro compleatist

Munros:153   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland