walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Hill of Fare....from the east

Hill of Fare....from the east

by ChrisW » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Hill of Fare

Date walked: 08/09/2011

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 14.5 km

Ascent: 557m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Hill of Fare....from the east

Postby pollyh33 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Glorious report Chris, as ever.

Haven't got a clue about photography but I'm glad that you do! Gorgeous :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby ChrisW » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:30 pm

pollyh33 wrote:Glorious report Chris, as ever.

Haven't got a clue about photography but I'm glad that you do! Gorgeous :lol:

:lol: thanks Polly, you must know at least a bit cos you get some great shots in your reports (I've seen em) :D
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby lomondwalkers » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Top pics as always Chris :clap: Finally got ourselves a dslr, and the college classes start in about 2 hours time 8) Thanks again for advice :thumbup:
lomondwalkers
Mountain Walker

Munros:143   Corbetts:57
Fionas:57   Donalds:73
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Postby ChrisW » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:44 pm

lomondwalkers wrote:Top pics as always Chris :clap: Finally got ourselves a dslr, and the college classes start in about 2 hours time 8) Thanks again for advice :thumbup:

Thanks lomondwalkers - can't wait to see the results of your investment (in both time and money) be careful though, it can be addictive :lol:
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby Merry-walker » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:24 am

Stunning pictures and great report Chris. (And your butterfly is so lovely - I can never get that close to one). All your pictures come out great. Looks a lovely walk.

I really am missing being out in the hills :(
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Munros:65   Corbetts:53
Fionas:12   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Postby ChrisW » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:38 am

Merry-walker wrote:Stunning pictures and great report Chris. (And your butterfly is so lovely - I can never get that close to one). All your pictures come out great. Looks a lovely walk.

I really am missing being out in the hills :(

Thanks MW - I've been working for 3 months and so have been out of the hills myself (have done a lot of local walking but nothing to demanding) its good to be back...... :D

Why aren't you out in the hills......did I miss something whilst out working ??
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby Merry-walker » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:47 am

No Chris, you've not missed anything. Been on night shifts for a month and under the weather for a wee while but hope to get out again when feeling better. Might start with a local hill in Angus or Clachnaben next week :)
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Postby ChrisW » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:35 am

Merry-walker wrote:No Chris, you've not missed anything. Been on night shifts for a month and under the weather for a wee while but hope to get out again when feeling better. Might start with a local hill in Angus or Clachnaben next week :)

A month of nights, damn that's harsh....probably why you've been feeling under the weather - get yourself out there and blow the cobwebs off :lol:
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby Merry-walker » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Aye, I sure will. It'll feel good to get out again
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Postby ndhudson » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Just the caliber of photo quality I have come to expect, Chris! Gorgeous as always!!! I love the forest shots...forest walks don't seem to be very popular in this forum. Is it safe to assume it's because of bugs? :think: Couldn't imagine why else, this area is magnificent! And that winter shot from Alastair is also gorgeous!
ndhudson
Munro compleatist

Corbetts:1

Postby ChrisW » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:18 pm

ndhudson wrote:Just the caliber of photo quality I have come to expect, Chris! Gorgeous as always!!! I love the forest shots...forest walks don't seem to be very popular in this forum. Is it safe to assume it's because of bugs? :think: Couldn't imagine why else, this area is magnificent! And that winter shot from Alastair is also gorgeous!

Thanks ND, I love a bit of forest wander myself, I think a lot of people walk the forests but don't photograph them much because there in not much by way of a view (other then trees :lol: ) A lot of the walks on here require you to go through a forest first but people seem to save the camera until there is a wider view to capture :D

Interesting that you mention bugs as I am beginning to think we don't have them in the east of Scotland, I've heard people bemoaning the midges over on the west coast as usual but I have never been bitten or suffered fly-bys in the 2 years I've been here.....maybe I smell bad :lol: :lol:
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby ndhudson » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:25 pm

ChrisW wrote:Interesting that you mention bugs as I am beginning to think we don't have them in the east of Scotland, I've heard people bemoaning the midges over on the west coast as usual but I have never been bitten or suffered fly-bys in the 2 years I've been here.....maybe I smell bad :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ndhudson
Munro compleatist

Corbetts:1

Postby G2COR » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi Chris,

I am looking to organise a run on Hill of Fare. Would I be able to get your original photos and use for the website? They are fantastic photos. :clap: :shock:

Let me know if this is possible and I can send you my details.

Thanks,
Gareth
G2COR
Mountaineer

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland