walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

My Brothers, My Sisters, and My Grandad Monty...

My Brothers, My Sisters, and My Grandad Monty...

by andrewdoggett » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:04 pm

Route description: Brothers Ridge - Sgùrr a Bhealaich Dheirg

Munros included on this walk: Aonach Meadhoin, Sàileag, Sgùrr a' Bhealaich Dheirg, Sgùrr Fhuaran, Sgùrr na Càrnach, Sgùrr na Ciste Duibhe

Date walked: 10/09/2011

Time taken: 8.15 hours

Distance: 21.6 km

Ascent: 2120m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: My Brothers, My Sisters, and My Grandad Monty...

Postby monty » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Johny said Brilliant report Andy. Think you're gonna have to carry a de-fib for Monty next time you're out with him, doesn't look like he's got much left in the tank :D

Well actually Johny I am getting into some serious training for the next meeting. Starting with at least two whiskys a day :lol:

Graeme said Yeah, I don't think the poor guy's gonna make it...... to 282 Munros I mean :? . Or is it 283? How many you got left Monty???? 283 minus.... now how does it work again???!!!! :shock:

The munros are easy Graeme but not sure how I am going to tackle the altzheimers though? How many munros was it? how many left? Where am I ? :D

Polly said Monty sure did make a very strong impression on me. What a gent! Sorry to say the six river crossings later that day proved even more knicker wetting!!

You can buy special dry pants nowadays Polly :lol:

Kevsbald said Poor Monty? Poor Monty nothing, he's on 191 Munros and has left me for dust...not that I'm racing him.

Hey Kev you missed a good meet not that I am rubbing it in of course but you missed a good chance to bag some munros in your favorite conditions :lol:
monty

Postby monty » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:49 pm

During the walk both my phones got soaked and stopped working. It seems my Aquapack has sprung a leak after 2 years of use. Not bad for £20. Therefore I have no gps track and only a few photos so here they are.
Attachments
SNC01307.jpg
SNC01308.jpg
SNC01309.jpg
SNC01310.jpg
SNC01311.jpg
SNC01313.jpg
SNC01315.jpg
monty

Postby mack3n21e » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:53 pm

well done guys fab report.
mack3n21e
Mountain Walker

Munros:11   
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:4   

Postby walk aboot » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Great two reports, Andrew :) .

Well done to Polly for bagging 10 Munros over two days in soaking wet knickers! :shock:

Acht monty, you've still got it :D 8)
walk aboot

Munros:36   Corbetts:4
Donalds:1
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   Islands:27

Postby andrewdoggett » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:50 pm

monty wrote:We must walk together again sometime but if we do I will ensure that I do not consume vast quantities of alcohol the night before :lol: :lol:

Happy to... Banter aside thanks for a great walk; really enjoyed it; though I still think we could have popped up Beinn Fhada an A' Ghlas-Bheinn :D

Graeme Dewar wrote:Yeah, I don't think the poor guy's gonna make it...... to 282 Munros I mean :? . Or is it 283? How many you got left Monty???? 283 minus.... now how does it work again???!!!! :shock:

Hilarious.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the other comments guys, and more importantly the memories - was a great weekend... Missing it already; the Monday Blues have set in.... :(
andrewdoggett
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:10
Fionas:2   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:6   

Postby pollyh33 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:42 pm

walk aboot wrote:Great two reports, Andrew :) .

Well done to Polly for bagging 10 Munros over two days in soaking wet knickers! :shock:

Acht monty, you've still got it :D 8)

Thanks Janet. I was lucky to be surrounded with such supportive people but alas I'm afraid the poise and elegance gene seemed to have passed me by!!!! :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Merry-walker » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:13 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stunning photies. Well done to all walking in that weather.

Always take spare pants, or else be forever wet grasshopper.

Take care all. :)
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Munros:65   Corbetts:53
Fionas:12   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Postby hendo1967 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Great report. Thinking of going to Glen Shiel later this week with my next door neighbour to catch a few hills (not sure which side or combo yet). Lot will depend on weather conditions but I know we will not be looking to be as ambitious as you guys were!
hendo1967
Mountain Walker

Munros:154   Corbetts:6
Donalds:2

24 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland