walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

East Mount Lowther, Lowther Hill,Green Lowther,Dun Law,

East Mount Lowther, Lowther Hill,Green Lowther,Dun Law,

Postby webby2166 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:26 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Green Lowther

Donalds included on this walk: East Mount Lowther, Green Lowther, Lowther Hill

Date walked: 25/09/2011

Time taken: 6.3 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

GEDC1139.JPG
Wanlockhead
GEDC1144.JPG
Green Lowther
GEDC1148.JPG
Green lowther
GEDC1142.JPG
Dun Law
Started the walk in Wanlockhead at 0900 hrs on saturday morning 24 September. It had rained all night but had stopped before I started the walk and there was a lot of cloud cover over the hills :(. So my first stop was on top of East Mount Lowther, (view was zero) :( . Second stop was Lowther Hill, still no view, took a left there on a nice road and it took me right to Green Lowther, that is when the cloud lifted :D. Next was the steep hill of Dun Law, that got the legs burning a bit, then my legs burnt even more when I climbed up to Lousie Wood Law, got there at about 12.20 pm. On the way back it was the same way till you got to Green Lowther and skirted round heading for Stake Hill, there the end is in sight :D.
Attachments
GEDC1140.JPG
Distance hill Lousie Wood Law, and White Law
webby2166
Mountain Walker

Munros:109   Corbetts:8
Fionas:12   Donalds:54
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:14   

Re: East Mount Lowther, Lowther Hill,Green Lowther,Dun Law,

Postby foggieclimber » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:17 pm

I was looking across to these hills on Saturday from the Daer Donalds.
It was seriously wet underfoot after the previous night's rain.
foggieclimber

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland