walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

My first solo Munro

My first solo Munro

by littlemrs29 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 01/10/2011

Time taken: 4 hours

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: My first solo Munro

Postby lomondwalkers » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:54 pm

Great entertaining report!!! Ben Lomond was my first Munro in June last year, it was for charity and meant to be a one off :lol: Been up it 5 or 6 times now I think, as it's only 40 mins up the road.
lomondwalkers
Mountain Walker

Munros:118   Corbetts:44
Grahams:47   Donalds:42
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:3   

Postby Jock McJock » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Well done, one of my first too and on much the same kind of day as you. Got soaked but loved every minute. Well done :D
Jock McJock
Mountain Walker

Munros:173   Corbetts:5
Grahams:2   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby soulminer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Well done for soldiering on, and gaining the first Munro summit :clap: I thought you would have had your Lab with you when I first saw your post, but she will get her chance of summiting soon I'm sure :lol: My Collies loved it, but didn't like the smell of them on the journey home :shock: :wink:
One down only.................. :lol:
Cheers.
soulminer

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).
Previous

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland