walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Two Horny Monsters...

Two Horny Monsters...

by andrewdoggett » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:00 am

Route description: Beinn Alligin

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr Mòr (Beinn Alligin), Tom na Gruagaich (Beinn Alligin)

Date walked: 02/10/2011

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 10.7 km

Ascent: 1200m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Two Horny Monsters...

Postby Paul_Antonia » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Fabulous stuff. :D Thoroughly enjoyed reading this one and so good to see the young uns up there with you. You leave us in no doubt about what it means to all of you to be out in the mountains and it leaves us with a good feeling just to be able to share your joy through the photo's and the report. Look forward to more of these.
Paul_Antonia
Mountain Walker

Munros:5   
Fionas:1   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:2   

Postby AndyGerrard » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Incredible pictures! Really enjoyed your report! :)
AndyGerrard

Munros:39   
Sub 2000:4   

Postby Scotjamie » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Excellent WR and pics Andrew and family. Well done for starting young - my kids managed 3.65 munros before teenage priorities kicked in :?
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby victoriajarrett » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:38 pm

Scotjamie wrote:Excellent WR and pics Andrew and family. Well done for starting young - my kids managed 3.65 munros before teenage priorities kicked in :?

Megan and Sam currently stand on 8 Munro's each... not bad for the wee ones mummy thinks :)
victoriajarrett
Mountaineer

Munros:41   
Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:1   

Postby skuk007 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:02 pm

:clap: Congratulations on doing this one, especially the kids, have they no fear. :)
Fabulous photos too.
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Postby RuthMac » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks for your great report and the lovely photographs. 'Breakfast in Diabaig' is a view I know so well. My dad was from the village and built a retirement home there. Sadly, he and my mam are no longer with us and the house has passed out of the family. However, almost every summer in the 70s and 80s I would be up there, sometimes on my own, getting up at 4am to go fishing to one of the hill lochs! We still have friends there and I go up when I can. My sister takes her boys up there too. Thank you again.
Ruth
RuthMac

Munros:19   

Postby iainwatson » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:26 pm

as we come to expect another great report andrew and a huge high five to the kids for completing a walk that some adults wouldnt take on,fearless to say the least and its fantastic to see them so happy in the hills

well done!
iainwatson
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:20
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:2   

Postby b-illie » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:42 pm

Great photos (and report) of a magnificent scenery! And how fantastic to have kids who seem to thoroughly enjoy being there! Hope the rest of your week brought equally great days out.
b-illie
Munro compleatist

Munros:1   Corbetts:1
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:1   

18 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland