walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

corrour bothy to devils angels and a toul

corrour bothy to devils angels and a toul

Postby d gwynn » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Munros included on this walk: Cairn Toul, Sgòr an Lochain Uaine, The Devil's Point

Date walked: 04/10/2011

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 11 km

Ascent: 1150m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

second day of three set off from the bothy in wind and rain and went up devils point first then over to cairn toul and angels peak where the weather cleared some what into a cold windy but super clear day could make out aonach mor in the far distance and got a rather good pic off of cairn toul to carn a mhaim. on the return from angels peak i skirted round the boulder field back down to the col which takes you back down to the bothy.(see route)
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

carn a mhaim from cairn toul.JPG
Last edited by d gwynn on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d gwynn
Munro compleatist

Munros:33   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:114
Wainwrights:200   

Re: corrour bothy to devils angels and a toul

Postby gaffr » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:52 am

Looked like much finer weather on your side of the hills :D On the West side of the range Tuesday was very heavy rain after lunchtime. My only outing was to to forage a few kindlers for the fire before the rain arrived :) A bit too raw at the moment for an old chap to up high. :)
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Re: corrour bothy to devils angels and a toul

Postby d gwynn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:59 pm

i had dryed out but with the bothy 10 mins or so away some one up there thought that i needed another soaking so the rain was not all yours
d gwynn
Munro compleatist

Munros:33   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:114
Wainwrights:200   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland