walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Oh Deer! I'm Not Taking A Bullet For A Lyon!

Oh Deer! I'm Not Taking A Bullet For A Lyon!

by pollyh33 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Route description: Meall Ghaordaidh from Glen Lochay

Munros included on this walk: Meall Ghaordaidh

Date walked: 24/10/2011

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 10 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Oh Deer! I'm Not Taking A Bullet For A Lyon!

Postby bobble_hat_kenny » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:05 pm

pollyh33 wrote: So I actually relaxed, took some photos of my rucksack, had my coffee and sandwiches and a dark chocolate Bounty.

A dark chocolate Bounty? Oh, you crazy, brazen hedonist you :lol: !
Your reports are always great value, Polly, but I somehow managed to miss this early classic, a.k.a. "Divine Secrets of the Cervine Sisterhood"... good effort :clap: :clap: ! It fair brightened a right dreich Friday afternoon for me :D .
I'm vaguely wondering about having a look at Meall Ghaordhie (sp.?) this Sunday - it'll be Number 49 for me if I do - I suppose it's the sort of hill that tends to get left for a dreich day in the winter when you desperately need an Easy Tick, so to speak...
bobble_hat_kenny
Mountaineer

Munros:238   Corbetts:43
Fionas:43   Donalds:19
Sub 2000:26   Hewitts:2

Postby gymman47 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 pm

Nice report and will help me to know where the start is as going there this weekend. Need to try the Lade Inn also as it sounds ideal for lunch. Thanks again nice pics too. :)

JP
gymman47
Munro compleatist

Munros:17   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:4   

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:46 pm

bobble_hat_kenny wrote:
pollyh33 wrote: So I actually relaxed, took some photos of my rucksack, had my coffee and sandwiches and a dark chocolate Bounty.

A dark chocolate Bounty? Oh, you crazy, brazen hedonist you :lol: !
Your reports are always great value, Polly, but I somehow managed to miss this early classic, a.k.a. "Divine Secrets of the Cervine Sisterhood"... good effort :clap: :clap: ! It fair brightened a right dreich Friday afternoon for me :D .
I'm vaguely wondering about having a look at Meall Ghaordhie (sp.?) this Sunday - it'll be Number 49 for me if I do - I suppose it's the sort of hill that tends to get left for a dreich day in the winter when you desperately need an Easy Tick, so to speak...

Thankyou so much BHK! Hope you managed MG okay :D :D
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:51 pm

gymman47 wrote:Nice report and will help me to know where the start is as going there this weekend. Need to try the Lade Inn also as it sounds ideal for lunch. Thanks again nice pics too. :)

JP

Hi Gymman, glad you enjoyed my report :D

Hope everything went to plan and you had a fab time :thumbup:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

17 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland