walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Coisich Bheag ann Aird nan Gobhar / Wee walk in Ardgour

Coisich Bheag ann Aird nan Gobhar / Wee walk in Ardgour

Postby Collaciotach » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Date walked: 12/10/2011

Time taken: 4 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Tha e gu bhith Geamradh .....and here in the Gaidhealtachd nan Iar we have had already a significant snowfall early An Damhair over 1500mtrs (Oct 16th-19th)

Good excuse to go Meall Mor a minor summit faisg Cona Gleann ,Ard na Gobhar and get a wee view in the 5hrs i have spare :D ......so a quick hoof up Gleann na h - iubraich (Glen Hurich) on onto the minor tops of Meall Mor.

Seallaidh bheag air Sgurr Dhomuil .... wee view of the corbett Sgurr Donald

DSCF3256.JPG
Sgurr Dhomuill (Suaineart)

The remains of hail and sneachd in the wee corries started at around 1000ft although patchy first i ve seen for a while :)

DSCF3257.JPG
Gleann Gour agus Lochan Dubh

Uill bha sinn a fas suas ach tha an grian a mach ....its sunny and very windy and views to the NW and the Roshven hills begins to open up ..this is why i like this route easy ,quick and varied :D

DSCF3259.JPG
Rois Bheinn

Agus Tuath gu Ceann Loch EIl ......and North to the Kinlocheil /Glenfinnan tops :D

DSCF3265.JPG
Tuath gu Gaor Bheinn faisg Ceann Loch Iall

Bha an Gaoith laidir an drasda ..the wind was strong now and the dog was hanging wee icicles from his coat must buy him a jacket :) , we took shelter in this wee Corrie for a respite

DSCF3270.JPG
Corrie bheag agus sneachd is grian

Time was short so.............. a dol sios 8)
DSCF3271.JPG
Gaor Bheinn a ribhist

All the while im looking North to Streap ,Gaor Bheinn there is Sun ,Cloud and great light

DSCF3269.JPG
Sgoth Grian is Solus math

Is toil leam an Gearraidh cuin a tha i fuar is tioram :D ...Now if like me you like good cold and dry winter days maybe that will be a wee taster of whats no far away ... Moran taing :)

DSCF3274.JPG
Abair Seallaidh a ribhist
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:219
Fionas:47   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:27   
Islands:30

Re: Coisich Bheag ann Aird nan Gobhar / Wee walk in Ardgour

Postby kev_russ » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:42 pm

Nice pics for a cheeky wee walk :)
kev_russ
Mountaineer

Munros:198   Corbetts:79
Fionas:27   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:9   

Postby kinley » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:22 am

Nice 8)

A lot colder looking than our visit in July :D

Did you cycle in to Resourie?
kinley

Postby Klaasloopt » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:53 pm

I, like you, like cold and dry winter days, and this summit (let's call it Stob Bealach an Sgriodain) is so high on my wish list for march 2012, even without your splendid pictures of raw Ardgour-ness. Thanks!
Klaasloopt
Hill Bagger

Munros:168   Corbetts:71
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:22   Hewitts:49
Islands:11

Postby Collaciotach » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:31 pm

kinley wrote:Nice 8)

Ach no being local i have contacts and can drive in :lol:
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Postby Collaciotach » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:33 pm

Klaasloopt wrote:I, like you, like cold and dry winter days, and this summit (let's call it Stob Bealach an Sgriodain) is so high on my wish list for march 2012, even without your splendid pictures of raw Ardgour-ness. Thanks!

It is a nice wee route Klaasloopt ....agus Stob bealach an sgriodain tha sin an t ainm :)
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Postby kinley » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:36 pm

Collaciotach wrote:
kinley wrote:Nice 8)

Ach no being local i have contacts and can drive in :lol:

You know...somehow I guessed that. :lol: ;)
kinley

Postby gaffr » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:48 pm

I think that the lady at Glenhuirich cottage does the post?....anyway she let us leave the motor there when we went to Nathrach :) Looks a bit wild in above Resoursie...only looked at it from the tops above Cona glen when in from Glen Callop. Many years ago I got a disc from the ISYS folks, the hillwalker series and plus for the alps too, with data of all of the Scottish Hills therein. They did not name the summits with the anglised OS names but used only the gaelic names and also provided a voice that gave a fine pronouciation of each. Now there would be a task for you to do, at the touch of a speaker button, to give us a proper rendition of the hill names on this site :lol: Some fine images in your reports. :)
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Postby Collaciotach » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:03 pm

gaffr wrote:I think that the lady at Glenhuirich cottage does the post?....anyway she let us leave the motor there when we went to Nathrach :) Looks a bit wild in above Resoursie...only looked at it from the tops above Cona glen when in from Glen Callop. Many years ago I got a disc from the ISYS folks, the hillwalker series and plus for the alps too, with data of all of the Scottish Hills therein. They did not name the summits with the anglised OS names but used only the gaelic names and also provided a voice that gave a fine pronouciation of each. Now there would be a task for you to do, at the touch of a speaker button, to give us a proper rendition of the hill names on this site :lol: Some fine images in your reports. :)

Aye Hazel that lives in Hurich Cottage she is a cracker :D . It is no bad once your clear on the ridge and thru the forestry .....aye the Gaelic is the way a bhalaich :lol:
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland