walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben More fail :(

Ben More fail :(

by EmmaTowle » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Date walked: 30/10/2011

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Ben More fail :(

Postby EmmaTowle » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:10 pm

I would join you if I wasn't for the Cobbler on Sunday. I need to beat this hill lol. On a mission now.
EmmaTowle
Ambler

Munros:3   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Fudgie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:17 pm

It beat me the first time I attempted it nearly 4 years ago. I finally made it second time around last week although I could have been anywhere such was the poor visibility :shock:
Fudgie
Mountain Walker

Munros:100   Corbetts:20
Fionas:3   Donalds:7

Postby pollyh33 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:30 pm

Emma,

You so made the right decision! My husband and I (oops I sound like the Queen :lol: ) did the Glen Lyon horseshoe on Sunday and the conditions were awful at the top. I can honestly say that I would have returned after reaching the first summit if I had been by myself. I think that reassured my husband when I said that because he worries when I venture on my own :D

Feel free to give me a shout if you want any company. :D

Hope your mate is okay :(
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2

Postby sscott » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:50 pm

stripping off is part of the fun :lol:
You did the right thing Emma,the hill will still be there next year you'd feel a real fool if you got stuck up there in the dark
sscott
Munro compleatist

Munros:39   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   Donalds:1

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:14 pm

EmmaTowle wrote:My ass does hate me, as does my knee, my arm, and pretty much everything else. Cant even show off my bruises as the ass is only place that got them

As Ship's Medical Officer I recommend a course of leeches. Or even ; leeches, of course! Or I might volunteer to rub some ointment in... :shock:
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby kevsbald » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Can't you amputate an a*se, Caberfeidh? :D
kevsbald
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:134
Fionas:82   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:29   

Postby EmmaTowle » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 pm

pollyh33 wrote:Emma,

You so made the right decision! My husband and I (oops I sound like the Queen :lol: ) did the Glen Lyon horseshoe on Sunday and the conditions were awful at the top. I can honestly say that I would have returned after reaching the first summit if I had been by myself. I think that reassured my husband when I said that because he worries when I venture on my own :D

Feel free to give me a shout if you want any company. :D

Hope your mate is okay :(

Thanks for the offer Polly!

Hes got staples in his head and has lost a bit of his finger :( Could have been so much worse though. My friends that were with him had to pull him back off the edge of a ledge. Hes a very lucky man!

Caberfeidh wrote:
EmmaTowle wrote:My ass does hate me, as does my knee, my arm, and pretty much everything else. Cant even show off my bruises as the ass is only place that got them

As Ship's Medical Officer I recommend a course of leeches. Or even ; leeches, of course! Or I might volunteer to rub some ointment in... :shock:

Hey thats some offer lol :)
EmmaTowle
Ambler

Munros:3   Corbetts:2

Postby luckyguy68 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Sounds similar to my recent fail on Ben Cleuch. The weather turned in on me and i slid twisting my knee. All part of the learning process. :D
luckyguy68
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:8   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland