walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

carn mairg circuit

carn mairg circuit

Postby druidsam » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Route description: Càrn Gorm, Meall Garbh, Càrn Mairg & Creag Mhòr

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Gorm, Càrn Mairg, Creag Mhòr (Meall na Aighean), Meall Garbh (Càrn Mairg)

Date walked: 22/08/2009

Time taken: 8 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

it could only happen to me. the first time in ages that the cloud was high and it didnt rain on me i left my camera behind :(

..................Sam
druidsam

Munros:87   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:2

Re: carn mairg circuit

Postby Alan S » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:16 am

i know how you feel sam its happened to me on more than one occasion.
i was up dumyat at stirling yesterday wi the wife,great views to the north but no camera.
its a pity you didnt get pics as it was such a good day with clear visibilty,but its a good walk im sure you enjoyed it :)

alan
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby munrowalker » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:43 am

I did pretty much the same yesterday, except I did take my camera, and took it out at start to take first pic and realised battery was flat, d'oh!

I check everything else, but I forgot to check that!
munrowalker

Munros:163   Corbetts:7
Fionas:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   

Postby mountain coward » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:44 am

I did far worse! I set off for a week's Munroing last spring (2008). It was a week of superb weather and great photographic light and I forgot to take my camera! :( That was also the week I did An Teallach so some superb photos were missed there!

But at least mine doesn't need batteries :)
mountain coward

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland