walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Allermuir Hill

Allermuir Hill

Postby luckyguy68 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Allermuir Hill

Date walked: 30/10/2011

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 6 km

Ascent: 385m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

My first walk in over three weeks since the fateful knee twist scenario. I decided to do this hill as i knew the route fairly well and light was not on my side as i set off at 3pm (clocks had just went back the night before). It was also an opportunity to try out my new Scarpa boots.
2011-10-30 15.42.16.jpg
On the way up

The walk was a pretty gentle afair as i was taking no chances on the knee. I took my time and was passed by several walkers but i knew i had to watch my step. I can vaguley remember my dad saying the same thing to me a few years back :D.
2011-10-30 16.11.54.jpg
The Summit

The boots were a dream. It was like walking in ma baffies :D They clung to the ground like glue and i felt they gave me good support. I took the route down through Swanston.
2011-10-30 16.12.37.jpg
The quicker than i thought way down

My knee was a bit tender towards the end. Remarkably i never landed on my arse once. :D I guess it will be short walks this until my knee has fully recovered. :(
luckyguy68
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:8   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland