walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Travelling Back For My Lyon's Share

Travelling Back For My Lyon's Share

by pollyh33 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:41 pm

Route description: Càrn Gorm, Meall Garbh, Càrn Mairg & Creag Mhòr

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Gorm, Càrn Mairg, Creag Mhòr (Meall na Aighean), Meall Garbh (Càrn Mairg)

Date walked: 30/10/2011

Time taken: 7.5 hours

Distance: 17 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Travelling Back For My Lyon's Share

Postby Morecambe Monkey » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Nice report again Polly,shame that you got the same weather i did back at the beginning of August,i was hoping you would have some nice photos to show me what the views were really like :(

Well done on making it past the 50 Munro mark. 8)

The rate i'm going i'll probably get there on my 50th birthday! :shock:
Morecambe Monkey
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:118
Fionas:43   Donalds:40
Sub 2000:39   Hewitts:143
Wainwrights:214   Islands:28

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:01 pm

Morecambe Monkey wrote:Nice report again Polly,shame that you got the same weather i did back at the beginning of August,i was hoping you would have some nice photos to show me what the views were really like :(

Well done on making it past the 50 Munro mark. 8)

The rate i'm going i'll probably get there on my 50th birthday! :shock:

Thanks MM,

You do have the slight disadvantage of being a wee further away from the hills than most!!!

Don't worry if you manage up to the Kintail meet your tally will soon rattle upwards :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby lomondwalkers » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:45 pm

pollyh33 wrote:Ha ha thanks Dave. Looks like you're going at a fair old rate yourself!

Taking inspiration from your last report and heading up to Ben Lawers area on Sunday- hopefully!!!! :D

Dont forget your gaiters!!
I shall give you guys a wave from Schiehallion, redoing it with my mate on Sunday morning :D Heres hoping the weather gods are on our side! :problem:
lomondwalkers
Mountain Walker

Munros:143   Corbetts:57
Fionas:57   Donalds:73
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Postby PeteR » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Yet another great report Polly. And congratulations on hitting the 50 mark :D A pity the clag descended for part of your day :( but at least you got the circuit under your belt :D And great you had your husband there to celebrate your achievement with you :D

No pressure, but we're all looking forward to your reports of the next 233 (or 232 by the time the table is updated) :D

I'm only 3/4 through this group. Bailed on Cairn Mairg early on in my walking career just as the wind, rain and mist decided to give me a pasting :( and I was worried about getting lost :lol: I now have these pencilled in for a crisp winters day in the snow :D
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:121   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby gammy leg walker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Well done "P",and another fine report to boot,we (alan s & me)also lost the path of the last one when we did these 2 years ago.Like you I will not be out too far during the winter months,so my munro count has ground to a halt in the last 6/7 weeks and wont move forward much between now and spring :(
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby Johnny Corbett » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Congratulation on hitting fifty Polly, i guess in just under two years i'll be typing the same message to you :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:43 pm

lomondwalkers wrote:
pollyh33 wrote:Ha ha thanks Dave. Looks like you're going at a fair old rate yourself!

Taking inspiration from your last report and heading up to Ben Lawers area on Sunday- hopefully!!!! :D

Dont forget your gaiters!!
I shall give you guys a wave from Schiehallion, redoing it with my mate on Sunday morning :D Heres hoping the weather gods are on our side! :problem:

Its going to have to be one hell of a wave, we're going down the Ayrshire coast now!:(
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:48 pm

PeteR wrote:Yet another great report Polly. And congratulations on hitting the 50 mark :D A pity the clag descended for part of your day :( but at least you got the circuit under your belt :D And great you had your husband there to celebrate your achievement with you :D

No pressure, but we're all looking forward to your reports of the next 233 (or 232 by the time the table is updated) :D

I'm only 3/4 through this group. Bailed on Cairn Mairg early on in my walking career just as the wind, rain and mist decided to give me a pasting :( and I was worried about getting lost :lol: I now have these pencilled in for a crisp winters day in the snow :D

Thank you so much Sir PeteR of Webtogs :lol:

So chuffed that you won. I believe my exact words were 'Ya dancer!!!' :lol:

Has your wife forgiven you yet? :lol: :(
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:51 pm

gammy leg walker wrote:Well done "P",and another fine report to boot,we (alan s & me)also lost the path of the last one when we did these 2 years ago.Like you I will not be out too far during the winter months,so my munro count has ground to a halt in the last 6/7 weeks and wont move forward much between now and spring :(

I think its fair to say that by the time we get to Kintail, we'll be unstoppable!!! No pub for us!!!!
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:52 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote:Congratulation on hitting fifty Polly, i guess in just under two years i'll be typing the same message to you :D

Thanks JC!!

Mind and put my birthday wishes in BIG PRINT !!!! :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby PeteR » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:07 pm

pollyh33 wrote:Thank you so much Sir PeteR of Webtogs :lol:

So chuffed that you won. I believe my exact words were 'Ya dancer!!!' :lol:

Has your wife forgiven you yet? :lol: :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks Polly. I've still to post a general note on the October walk report post, but I've got to say "walk report of the month" wasn't the first thing on my mind as I realised I was the best part up a mountain and the path I thought I was on had somehow disappeared in the darkness and I still needed to get myself down :lol: :(

MrsR is a star though, as she accepts my obsession for hillwalking with no (well, little :lol: ) complaint. Not being able to text her to let her know everything was under control, but I might be late, was the worst bit of the whole experience. I think I'm forgiven now though :D
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:121   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:19 pm

You could buy her a nice wee something with some of your winnings!!! :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby delberto » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:21 am

congratulations polly, looking forward to when i can say ive done 50 !!
nice one
delberto
Mountain Walker

Munros:17   Corbetts:4
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   

11 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland