walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Drowned rat on Meall Corraich

Drowned rat on Meall Corraich

Postby darren » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Route description: Meall Corranaich and Meall a'Choire Lèith

Munros included on this walk: Meall a' Choire Lèith, Meall Corranaich

Date walked: 04/11/2011

Time taken: 4.3 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Done these 2 Munro's today like WH reports say follow fence posts to Meall Corranaich summit. Really simple(whoever built this fence is a cowboy full of gaps :lol: ) The walk to 2nd summit again would be simple in clear weather but we were walking in clouds with no visibility at all. This was my 22nd Munro and the first time i had to use compass for direction. Head in a NE direction. The walk to 2nd summit from bealach takes about 25 minutes on easy path. 2nd summit of day 2 hours 50 minutes. But this is were the fun begins it took 1 hour and 45 minutes to reach car. It is bog everywhere it was terrible the whole place is like a swimming pool the rain was pelting down really soul destroying. If your doing this walk take a wetsuit or wait for the next 6 month heatwave to dry the place up. PS The photo below is not summit cairn on Meall Corranaich it is a 2 minute walk past this on left just encase you are only taking in 1 Munro. Stay safe guys and girls.
Attachments
DSC00209.JPG
Meall a'Choire Leith
DSC00205.JPG
false cairn on Meall Corranaich
darren
Munro compleatist

Munros:35   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Drowned rat on Meall Corraich

Postby pollyh33 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Nice report Darren. Pity about the weather!

Bad news when its raining and walking through bog like that. Its almost a battle to see which end of you is going to get wetter first!!! :lol:

Glad to see you're still smiling and wearing my fave bunnet!!
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2

Re: Drowned rat on Meall Corraich

Postby darren » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:33 pm

The only reason i climb these hills is to get my photo took with the bunnet.
darren
Munro compleatist

Munros:35   Corbetts:2

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland