walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cnap Chaochan Aitinn from Tomintoul

Cnap Chaochan Aitinn from Tomintoul

Postby Gordon Ballantyne » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:36 am

Route description: Inchrory and Strath Avon circuit, near Tomintoul

Grahams included on this walk: Cnap Chaochan Aitinn

Date walked: 04/11/2011

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 18 km

Ascent: 400m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Late start as I'd been to a medical appointment in the morning, but decided to stop at Tomintoul on my way to the RAF Kinloss Mountain Rescue re-union in Newtonmore.
Started from Queens view car park at Tomintoul about 1pm and biked to the bridge just beyond Birchfield.
Continued up the track over Carn an-t Sleibhe. passed an estate land rover which was recovering a stag from a previous stalk on the way up to the summit cairn. The wind farm survey paraphanailia is still there.
Sat down for a piece beside the container and startled a blue hair, in it's winter coat, which was probably hoping I'd go away. Didn't stay long as it was getting late. Landrover had gone down to estate buildings at Birchfield.
Toiled down the glen - the last bit in the dark (sunset seems to be awfully quick these days) & headed off to Newtonmore for a shower and a few drams with the old boys.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Gordon Ballantyne
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:89
Grahams:20   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:59   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland