walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

White Mount 4 back in August

White Mount 4 back in August

Postby Tomsie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:19 am

Munros included on this walk: Broad Cairn, Cairn Bannoch, Càrn a' Choire Bhòidheach, Càrn an t-Sagairt Mòr

Date walked: 08/11/2011

Distance: 27 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Done this walk back in August and noticed last night that I hadn’t done a report, was after doing Lochnagar a few weeks earlier and then Mayar and Dreish so felt I was able to take these 4 on both fitness level and navigation wise. Cant remember how long these took or at what time I started but a guess would say around 9 and arriving back at 4-5. Started at Loch Muick and took left hand path around the loch and up towards Broad Cairn from here it was easy enough to make out the other 3 munro’s.

1  Broad Cairn.jpg

2 Cairn Bannoch.jpg

3 Carn an t-Sagairt Mor.jpg

4 Carn a' Choire Bhoidheach.jpg

The route I took back down was through Loch Dubh, on my map there was no path from Carn a' Choire Bhoidheach to the loch, but the weather was good had being a small bit of drizzle during the day . I took diagonal route as you could see it was quite boggy down lower until I got nearer Eagles Rock when the water was streaming down the side of the hill, so it was a case of picking spots to try and stay as dry as I could but a bit impossible. Enjoyed this part of walk the best as it was a little challenging walking through Allt an Dubh loch, met another walker further down by the loch who was heading up the way.

Allt an Dubh loch.jpg

Bog.jpg

Creag an Dubh loch.jpg

Eagles Rock (2).jpg

Eagles Rock.jpg

Loch Dubh.jpg

Looking back.jpg

Plane.jpg

Waterfall.jpg

Made my way back down to Loch Muick and back to car.
Tomsie
Walker

Munros:167   Corbetts:71
Fionas:38   Donalds:36
Sub 2000:21   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:8

Re: White Mount 4 back in August

Postby porty » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 am

Nice one Tomsie. I like the thought of a wander up past the Dubh Loch then doubling back between the Cairn of Gowal and Creag an Dubh Loch to Broad Cairn. I'm sure it's been done by plenty of folk but how difficult did it look from your route?
porty
Mountain Walker

Munros:21   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:6   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland