walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Glen Affric (1x3) +4 -1 =4

Glen Affric (1x3) +4 -1 =4

by Frogwell » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:42 am

Route description: Càrn Eige and Mam Sodhail

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Fhionnlaidh (Càrn Eige), Càrn Eige, Màm Sodhail, Toll Creagach, Tom a' Chòinich

Date walked: 07/11/2011

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Glen Affric (1x3) +4 -1 =4

Postby morag1 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Great report, and stunning photos as usual :thumbup: I have learned to look out for your reports in order to see more of these photos

Unfortunately, your photography is better than your maths. :(
The correct equation should read (1^3) + 4 - 1 = 4 (read that as 1 to the power of three) :D
morag1

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:17 pm

morag1 wrote:Great report, and stunning photos as usual :thumbup: I have learned to look out for your reports in order to see more of these photos

The correct equation should read (1^3) + 4 - 1 = 4 (read that as 1 to the power of three) :D

Oh dear FW , just as well we love you for your artistic talents :lol:
Frogwell wrote:
That's me in my avatar - I was going for manly pose. :)

That could be anyone in that avatar! Add a pair of high heels and it could be me!!! OOOps I notice you already have!!! :shock:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Frogwell » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:21 pm

morag1 wrote:Great report, and stunning photos as usual :thumbup: I have learned to look out for your reports in order to see more of these photos

I think I prefer your equation actually. I like the little hat thing - it's more fun. :D
Frogwell
Hill Bagger

Munros:265   Corbetts:100
Fionas:8   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:2   

Postby morag1 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Frogwell wrote:I like the little hat thing

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations on winning report of the month - well deserved :clap:
morag1

Postby DJG78 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Wow. Great report. The clarity of your pics Is stunning. I need to get myself a new camera. Brill shots. You've inspired me to step up my game!
DJG78
Mountain Walker

Munros:81   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:20   

Postby KeithS » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:33 pm

That was a very good read, thank you, I enjoyed it.

I often wonder why I can't take photographs as good as yours. Is it because I don't understand about the correct exposure, relating to light levels, or F stops, or how to focus to best advantage? Maybe the use of correct filters might help, or learning to frame the scene correctly? Or is it matching the correct film to the conditions? Ultimately though, I think the main problem is that I don't have a camera, perhaps that might help.
KeithS
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:9   Islands:47

Postby KeithS » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:45 pm

Oh yes, and whilst on the subject of cameras if you came down the A9 as fast as you suggested you would amass enough points from all the speed cameras that you could get a driving ban on one trip.

It's a good job that your donkey doesn't have a number plate at the back.
KeithS
Munro compleatist

Postby Frogwell » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 am

Keith Sayliss wrote:That was a very good read, thank you, I enjoyed it.

I often wonder why I can't take photographs as good as yours. Is it because I don't understand about the correct exposure, relating to light levels, or F stops, or how to focus to best advantage? Maybe the use of correct filters might help, or learning to frame the scene correctly? Or is it matching the correct film to the conditions? Ultimately though, I think the main problem is that I don't have a camera, perhaps that might help.

:lol: :lol:

Keith Sayliss wrote:Oh yes, and whilst on the subject of cameras if you came down the A9 as fast as you suggested you would amass enough points from all the speed cameras that you could get a driving ban on one trip.

It's a good job that your donkey doesn't have a number plate at the back.

I think there's only one camera on the A9 at the moment, near the Blair Atholl turn off. I hope anyway. I didn't notice any others, but it's possible I was snoozing when I passed some. It is quite a long road after all, the occasional nap to stay alert is essential.
Frogwell
Hill Bagger

Postby KeithS » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:41 am

There are some good long straight stretches on the A9. Just make sure you time your 'power naps' so that you wake up for the corners, otherwise it could be dangerous.
KeithS
Munro compleatist

Postby Frogwell » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 am

Good thinking there. I suppose it's common sense really, but I daresay it's in an HSE report somewhere anyway.
Frogwell
Hill Bagger

Postby thufferin succotash » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:38 pm

Great report Frogwell, had me chuckling away, much to the disdain of my dogs.... but then I explained about the beetle pee and they understood. I confess, I think it's the first report of yours I have read :oops:... but won't be the last. Was definitely more entertaining than Christmas tele .... zzzzz. And then you followed it up with a set of stunning photographs. Superb!
You asked for recommendations for fish & chip takeaways in Inverness. Not that I've tried many, but of those I have, Mr Chips in Telford Street is pretty good (nice steak pies), (right next door to Mr Rice ... bet you can't guess what they sell!!), and Lorimers Restaurant in Longman Road is probably first choice.
Off to read another of your reports now :D
Well done.
thufferin succotash

Postby Greigers » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:49 pm

great post shame about finlays hill, the photos are incredible!!
Greigers
Mountain Walker

Munros:7   
Fionas:1   

29 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland