walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Mount Keen

Mount Keen

Postby JimCampbell » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Munros included on this walk: Mount Keen

Date walked: 15/11/2011

Time taken: 2.75 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

:) Decided to try this today as I had a day off and was staying in Dundee last night. Followed the description of the route without any problem and here was a good path all the way. Unfortunately low cloud, so not much visibility after 1500 feet but saw others making the ascent too. Made good time up, so rather than stop jogged down and had lunch in the quiet and warmth of the car. Dry feet at the end too and didn't need to put on a jacket the whole way though did need gloves and a hat nearer the top.
JimCampbell
Munro compleatist

Munros:85   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   Donalds:3
Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:8   

Re: Mount Keen

Postby alanbatty » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:38 pm

That's a shame about the weather. I did this with a group a couple of years ago in mid-May and had perfect weather. If you do get another shot, make sure the forecast is good because the view from the top is stunning (in my opinion anyway :D ).
alanbatty
Mountaineer

Munros:21   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:6   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland