walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sunshine on Leith

Sunshine on Leith

by pollyh33 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:34 am

Route description: Meall Corranaich and Meall a'Choire Lèith

Munros included on this walk: Meall a' Choire Lèith, Meall Corranaich, Meall nan Tarmachan

Date walked: 16/11/2011

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Distance: 16 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Sunshine on Leith

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:19 am

iainwatson wrote:well in polly for adding on Tarmachan after the bogfest,

your going through the hills at some rate now!

did these two in horizontal rain last year so its nice to see what the views are like :D

Cheers Iain

Ha ha why does it not surprise me that you would have attracted rain?? :lol: :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:27 am

dogplodder wrote:I could help you with that Tesco Finest chocolate right now! :D

Tarmachan ridge is one of my favourites. The book said "entertaining ridge" so was expecting dancing girls but it did prove entertaining with me doing a dramatic slip on wet rock - going feet up and bum down - much to the entertainment of son and male friends! :lol:

Thanks Kathleen,
When the cloud cleared the parts of the ridge that Icould see looked very entertaining :lol: :lol:

Hope the only thing that was bruised was your ego :D Just noticed a big scratch on my arm- no idea how it got there :(

As for the chocolate, that's long gone. But I promise if we ever get out on the hills together I'll bring loads :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby Johnny Corbett » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Good going Polly. Are in training for an epic with Monty at Kintail next year :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby Johnny Corbett » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Good going Polly. Are in training for an epic with Monty at Kintail next year :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote:Good going Polly. Are in training for an epic with Monty at Kintail next year :D

Er No! No! No!

But you feel free to take him on! Kim and I can wait in the pub :lol: :lol:

Talking of which, the only epic I'll be hoping for is a drinking one, totally missed out last year :( :(
pollyh33
Walker

Postby Del246 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Excellent stuff Polly, especially adding in the 3rd. I thought I was doing well last week when I did Stuchd an Lochain and Meall Buidhe together !! Good going.
Del246
Munro compleatist

Munros:105   Corbetts:15
Fionas:2   Donalds:1

Postby rockhopper » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Another good one polly - pity about the phone and weather but at least you got some views. :D

You're fairly racking them up now....won't be long before you're being asked about #100 :lol:

Like you I was trying to avoid the bogs on this one and went instead from the main Lawers car park - also like you it meant that I couldn't cover the Tarmachan ridge but hope to go back some day to walk it. Looks like it was overall about the same length/ascent but, unlike you, I certainly couldn't run any of it (far too energetic for me) 8) - cheers

Meall Corranaich, a Choire Leith & Tarmachan loop.JPG
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Del246 wrote:Excellent stuff Polly, especially adding in the 3rd. I thought I was doing well last week when I did Stuchd an Lochain and Meall Buidhe together !! Good going.

Was that when you were busy with that wee guy from Barra??? :lol:

Cheers Derek, the conditions were ideal, no point in not making the most of it :D

Still got home in time to make dinner :D :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:21 pm

rockhopper wrote:Another good one polly - pity about the phone and weather but at least you got some views. :D

You're fairly racking them up now....won't be long before you're being asked about #100 :lol:

Like you I was trying to avoid the bogs on this one and went instead from the main Lawers car park - also like you it meant that I couldn't cover the Tarmachan ridge but hope to go back some day to walk it. Looks like it was overall about the same length/ascent but, unlike you, I certainly couldn't run any of it (far too energetic for me) 8) - cheers

Meall Corranaich, a Choire Leith & Tarmachan loop.JPG

Thanks RH,

Did you walk the whole of the purple line??? I must confess that I didn't :o
pollyh33
Walker

Postby Mountainlove » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Great report Polly! Made me laugh specially the bit
A quick wipe with a spit dampened hankie and a coat of lip balm and I was covergirl perfect!! :lol: :lol:
Always makes me wonder...would guys think that far ahead? :lol: :lol:
Good on you that you managed the other hill as well!!! 'You go girl' :D
As for the new brand....never heard about them, but I guess thats what I will be googling up later on :D
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Munros:88   Corbetts:54
Fionas:7   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

Postby rockhopper » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:36 pm

pollyh33 wrote:Did you walk the whole of the purple line??? I must confess that I didn't :o
yup - my gps records my tracks as I go - but it wasn't much longer than your route and it didn't make the weather any better 8) and still need to get back for the full ridge. Got the idea of starting from the car park from looking at other WH members' reports for these hills. cheers
rockhopper

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Mountainlove wrote:Great report Polly! Made me laugh specially the bit
A quick wipe with a spit dampened hankie and a coat of lip balm and I was covergirl perfect!! :lol: :lol:
Always makes me wonder...would guys think that far ahead? :lol: :lol:
Good on you that you managed the other hill as well!!! 'You go girl' :D
As for the new brand....never heard about them, but I guess thats what I will be googling up later on :D

Thanks for ML,

I knew I looked awful but it wasn't until I met those other ladies, that I realised how wild I must have looked, I was manky!!! If you want stay immaculate then Tarmachan is the one to go for :D

Yes definitely have a wee look at the Norrona range- really nice, strong colours!
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:41 pm

rockhopper wrote:
pollyh33 wrote:Did you walk the whole of the purple line??? I must confess that I didn't :o
yup - my gps records my tracks as I go - but it wasn't much longer than your route and it didn't make the weather any better 8) and still need to get back for the full ridge. Got the idea of starting from the car park from looking at other WH members' reports for these hills. cheers

Oh yes I can see now that by doing this route you wouldn't have to take into account additional walk outs and returns. That's a pretty efficient use of time and energy :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby rockhopper » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:46 pm

maybe aye, maybe no...but your reports make for much more interesting and enjoyable reading :D
rockhopper

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:52 pm

rockhopper wrote:maybe aye, maybe no...but your reports make for much more interesting and enjoyable reading :D

Thanks again RH, you'll have me blushing next! Ooops too late !! :oops: :oops:
pollyh33
Walker

12 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland