walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Kintail weekend day 2

Kintail weekend day 2

Postby fipriestley » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:06 am

Munros included on this walk: Aonach Meadhoin, Sàileag, Sgùrr a' Bhealaich Dheirg

Date walked: 20/11/2011

Time taken: 6 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another clear, dry day setting off from The Wee Bunkhouse in Kintail - making the most of the 'indian summer' :D

Like yesterday's wee jaunt (!) up Beinn Sgritheall, this was a pretty tough climb from the off. Once past the initial ascent though the ridges were fantastic! There were some rocks to navigate over, particularly on the second summit at Sgurr a'Bhealaich Dheirg. I felt a little cheated when faced with another climb on the final descent from Aonach Meadhoin :? .. by now my legs felt as though I could have at least been rewarded with a fourth munro for the day :lol:
Attachments
IMAG0395.jpg
it's just up there, following the fence line :)
IMAG0399.jpg
fairly steep ascent, quickly gained height
IMAG0403.jpg
heading towards first summit (Saileag)
SDC12203.JPG
looking back to the Sisters from Saileag
SDC12206.JPG
ridge from Saileag, first summit of the day
IMAG0410.jpg
a few clouds passed by atop Sgurr a'Bhealaich Dheirg
IMAG0420.jpg
ridge from Sgurr a'Bhealaich Dheirg to Aonach Meadhoin
SDC12214.JPG
at Aonach Meadhoin summit
IMAG0425.jpg
3 munros just bagged and this is the way down?! :D
fipriestley
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:77
Fionas:7   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:3   

Re: Kintail weekend day 2

Postby rockhopper » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:25 am

You certainly had a great couple of days in Kintail :thumbup: Haven't walked any of the hills up here yet but maybe next year - cheers :D
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Re: Kintail weekend day 2

Postby PeteR » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:28 pm

I believe I passed you all as I was walking in the other direction toward Sgurr a'Bhealaich. Glad you had a good time in Kintail, it's a favourite area of mine. I think we were lucky with the weather on Sunday :D

HopefullyI'll get a report posted up in the next day or so, once I am back home.
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:122   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland