walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A run up the Meikle Bin

A run up the Meikle Bin

Postby BigP » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Meikle Bin

Date walked: 02/12/2011

Time taken: 1 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 400m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Started at the carpark opposite Todhalls, being short of time, decided to take the bike up the forest tracks, to the base of the hill, then went a little off the beaten track, to explore the forest!! I left the bike in the forrest and headed up the steep sides across the moor, remembering half way across that my cycling shoes are not exactly waterproof! found the path to the summit, but as I headed over the brow of the hill I found the wind, and remembered I had a cycle helmet on and not a wooly bonnet!! Slightly chilly to say the least, but at least gives you the encouragement to get to the summit!

Reached the summit and found the very well hidden Geocache!! being slightly chilly, did not hang around too long, so headed back the way I came, picked up the bike, and had a good free wheel back to the car. Luckily I had the fore sight to wear full water proofs, so reached the car soaked head to toe in mud!!
Attachments
Gragunnock Hills from South.jpg
The almost view
Meikle Bin Trig Point.jpg
The well hidden geocache!
Meikle Bin Summit.jpg
The summit in the gloom!
BigP
Mountain Walker

Munros:98   Corbetts:6
Grahams:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   

Re: A run up the Meikle Bin

Postby monty » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Not sure cycling shoes and helmet would have been my preffered attire but good effort nonetheless :D

Did you check out the geocache??
monty

Postby BigP » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:38 pm

monty wrote:Not sure cycling shoes and helmet would have been my preffered attire but good effort nonetheless :D

Did you check out the geocache??

Good Day Monty,

Did not check out the geocache, was hard enough to get the camera out to take photos!! maybe next time when I am slightly better attired!!

Cheers

Paul
BigP
Mountain Walker

Munros:98   Corbetts:6
Grahams:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   

Postby monty » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:39 pm

:wink:
monty

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland